Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

LaTeX plugin for ST2

Re: LaTeX plugin for ST2

Postby Recondor on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:20 pm

First of all, thanks for this plugin, it makes my life a lot easier. I just installed it and enjoying it already. I just have one question, when i have SumatraPDF closed and the plugin tries to open it I get the error: "Cannot launch Viewer. Make sure it is on your PATH". Of course I'm not that much of a moron that I didn't understand the error, but what I can't figure out is what the error message means by "PATH". Where can I change it? (Or where is it set so I can change SumatraPDF's location?).

Thanks for all the hard work and if anyone could help me i would be grateful!
Recondor

Postby Marciano on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:45 pm

I do plan to remove this limitation at some point soon, but right now, you need to add the SumatraPDF executable to your "path". This is the list of directories where Windows looks for programs (EXE files) to run when e.g. you invoke them from the command line. See e.g. here:

http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive ... ows-7.aspx

Sumatra should be installed in

C:\Program Files\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe

unless you have put it somewhere else.

Hope this helps---M
Marciano

Postby Recondor on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Worked perfectly! Thank you very much.
If you ever need help (testing or something), you just need to ask!
Recondor

Postby jesse.robertson on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 am

Hey Marciano - should the LaTeXTools plugin be able to find all my *tex executables on a Mac? I still had to mod the environment.plist file when I did a clean install on a new Mac in Lion to get everything to work.
jesse.robertson

Postby Marciano on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Er... yes, it should. I have no environment.plist file on the machine I'm working on right now, and I am using LaTeXTools with no trouble at all. Are you sure you have a current version of the plugin?
Marciano

Postby jesse.robertson on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll try a clean install with the new plugin and see whether it works. The old one might have come across when I shifted to the new machine. I'll let you know how I get on.
jesse.robertson

Postby jesse.robertson on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Ok, that fixed it! Thanks for sorting that our Marciano. :)
jesse.robertson

Postby jepessen on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi.

I've just buy a license of this text editor and I've followed your instructions and it works.

Now, I'd like to know to use my toolchain for compiling tex files. Considering that I use PSTricks and bibtex, che toolchain that I use in texmaker is the following:

Code: Select all
latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|bibtex %.aux|latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|dvips -o %.ps %.dvi|ps2pdf %.ps

As you can see, I invoke the latex-bibtex-latex-latex chain for bibtex, giving the .dvi, and then the dvips-ps2pdf chain to create the pdf from the .dvi.
How can I invoke the same toolchain using your plugin?
jepessen

Postby Marciano on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I don't have direct experience with that, but LaTeXTools uses the latexmk script to actually drive tex & friends, and you can customize the way latexmk is invoked.

Take a look at the documentation for latexmk:

http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/softwa ... k-427a.txt

There is an option -pdfps that instructs latexmk to generate a pdf file from a ps file, via ps2pdf. Look in the relevant ("osx", I assume) section of the LaTeX.sublime-build file (it's best if you first copy to the User directory, so it doesn't get clobbered by subsequent updates). Check the "cmd" keyword and try modifying the options passed to latexmk.

Please report back your findings. Thanks!
Marciano

Postby jscoder on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 am

What do I need to change to run this on Linux Ubuntu?

I have pdflatex installed and can compile .tex files with it on the command line. I also installed this plugin, but when I hit Ctrl+B it doesn't do anything except echoing this at this console like window:
[Compiling *path*/file.tex]

It would be so great if I could run this on Linux. :)
jscoder

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements