Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Printing from sublime

Re: Printing from sublime

Postby cbdpeter on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Printing would definitely be useful for me. For the moment, I just open the file in TextWrangler to print, but that's a step I could live without.
cbdpeter

Postby s0nspark on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:47 pm

this is a necessary evil IMO - and it is a pain to have to leave sublime just to print!
s0nspark

Postby miroslav on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Just another vote here. We use Sublime exclusively now at work (bought licenses for everyone) and I also use it at home. I do everything in it, all day, including keeping notes, bookkeeping, taxes, etc. I need to print out tax stuff, API documentation, JSON/XML examples etc., pretty often.

Since "done" is better than "perfect", I would settle for a non-syntax highlighted, minimal print.
miroslav

Postby jimbob on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Take a look at HTML Export plugin available via Package Control. Exports your current file to your web browser with syntax highlighting. From there you can print...

Includes the line numbers if you have them showing, so keep that in mind.
jimbob

Postby skube on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 pm

lbolognini wrote:Just open it up in another editor that does printing well and sucks at everything else and there it comes out of the printer ;-)

I agree. If there is at least a workaround for now, I would rather the developer's effort be focused on bugs and getting ST2 out of beta.

Just my 2 cents.
skube

Postby miroslav on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

jimbob wrote:Take a look at HTML Export plugin available via Package Control. Exports your current file to your web browser with syntax highlighting. From there you can print...

Includes the line numbers if you have them showing, so keep that in mind.

Very nice.
miroslav

Postby wjousts on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Discovered Sublime today. Been using it for about an hour and was liking it...until I tried to print. No printing function is a huge deal breaker for me.

If I could print with syntax highlighting, it'd be a definite buy for me (especially since Visual Studio dropped color printing with VS2010).
wjousts

Postby svenax on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Here's a really simple solution for printing from Sublime Text. It is a plugin that sends the file of the current view to an external command that handles the printing. This works well enough for me. You can get it here if you want to try it: http://github.com/svenax/SublimePrint

Note that it currently doesn't support Windows, though it will probably not be too hard to fix that.
svenax

Postby inco on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 am

Here's another vote for printing.
inco

Postby new_user on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Just another person stepping in to say I'd really like the print feature!
new_user

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support