Sublime Forum

BracketHighlighter

Awesome. I changed the settings a bit to my liking so that it’s nearly instant. But how do I turn off the icon in the gutter? Seems like it should be simple but there is no option for “none.” And commenting it out seems to break the plugin?

0 Likes

What do you mean? The experimental one should be pretty much instant now; you can’t even configure the delay anymore in the experimental one; all you can do is adjust search distance. Or are you using the main branch?

This will work. I will probably add an explicit “none” option in the future to be more clear.

"curly_icon" : "",
0 Likes

“curly_icon” : “”, worked thanks!

Whoops, I was using the old version. Had to switch branches in Github for mac. :smile:

0 Likes

Okay that makes sense. I was a little confused since the whole point of the experimental was to give near instant highlighting in most cases. I couldn’t understand what you would have changed. :smile:

0 Likes

Oh, and you can use any icon you want as a bookmark, at least in recent builds, the catch is, the icon must be found in the default theme folder, not current theme you are using.

For instance I made a little white icon with transparent background (it must be white for the filter to color it proper). I called mine bracket.png for this experiment, and then referenced it like this.

"curly_icon" : "bracket",

And there you have it.

I noticed that the cross icon no longer worked, and then I noticed the cross icon is gone in the default theme. I tried dropping a test icon into my current theme, but it never would get picked up, so I tried the default and it worked. So really you can use anything as long as it exists in the default theme.

0 Likes

Oh man. You can give it a relative path!

This is my setting.

//Icon? (dot/circle/bookmark/cross) "quote_icon" : "../BracketHighlighter/quote", "curly_icon" : "../BracketHighlighter/curly", "round_icon" : "../BracketHighlighter/round", "square_icon": "../BracketHighlighter/square", "angle_icon" : "../BracketHighlighter/angle", "tag_icon" : "../BracketHighlighter/angle",

This is what I get. (keep in mind I have the icons in these path for my test)

I feel a new feature coming…

0 Likes

Awesome. Customize EVERYTHING!

The new version works so instantly it feels native.

Now I just need to spend several days fiddling with the colors. You probably shouldn’t have told me about the custom gutter icons. Now I need to make my own. TO PHOTOSHOP!

0 Likes

If you come up with some good ones, and you would like to possibly have them included by default, let me know. I am going to work up a new version that will look in BracketHighlighter by default for all icons instead of the theme.

0 Likes

https://github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter/raw/master/example.png

Version 1.5

• More responsive highlighting (thanks tito); delay setting no longer needed
  • Organize bracket plugins
  • Included more configurable custom gutter icons

If you hate the new icons, it is okay, you can change them back to dot or whatever. You can even create a folder with custom icons, and point BracketHighlighter at that folder in the settings file (the path must be relative to Package; you cans see what I did in the default settings file).

Edit:
You will probably want to restart after you upgrade; there might be glitches until you do :wink: .

0 Likes

great update, thanks much.

0 Likes

Looks good :smile:

I noticed there is the API

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().line_height() 13.0

You may want to add different pngs depending on ranges of the size of the line. Because looks a little ugly when using a very tiny font size. :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Looks good :smile:

I noticed there is the API

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().line_height() 13.0

You may want to add different pngs depending on ranges of the size of the line. Because looks a little ugly when using a very tiny font size. :smiley:[/quote]

Good call; hadn’t checked that scenario. I based it off the sizes already used by ST2. I will look into adding small versions, and create some convention of naming so the plugin will always no how to find the small variant. Either that, or I will revert to some tiny default.

0 Likes

This should work for the tiny text people :smile: .

Should have it out soon.

0 Likes

Version 1.5.2

• Use tiny icons when line height is less than 16
  • Use no icon if icon cannot be found
  • Optimize png icons

That took longer than I would have liked.

0 Likes

how do you get your highlights/icons coloured in different colors?

0 Likes

You can look at the readme.md file on the github repository. There is a section on changing colors. Let me know if you have more questions.

Readme
github.com/facelessuser/Bracket … /readme.md

0 Likes

damn!!! where was i looking? i think i checked the readme in package directory. Do’h!

0 Likes

The readme in the package is the readme on the repository. The package one comes from the repository :smile:.

0 Likes

Thanks for the small icons! :smile:

A very super stylish comment, feel free to ignore me. :smiley:

I added a little bit of padding and made very tiny corrections to the small icons.
Found these in the following link ( I’m not going to send a pull request )
dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/Sublime … _icons.zip

Default looks like this:

I made this:

Regards,

0 Likes

+1 for the padding. i noticed it too.

0 Likes