Sublime Forum

BracketHighlighter

If you come up with some good ones, and you would like to possibly have them included by default, let me know. I am going to work up a new version that will look in BracketHighlighter by default for all icons instead of the theme.

0 Likes

https://github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter/raw/master/example.png

Version 1.5

• More responsive highlighting (thanks tito); delay setting no longer needed
  • Organize bracket plugins
  • Included more configurable custom gutter icons

If you hate the new icons, it is okay, you can change them back to dot or whatever. You can even create a folder with custom icons, and point BracketHighlighter at that folder in the settings file (the path must be relative to Package; you cans see what I did in the default settings file).

Edit:
You will probably want to restart after you upgrade; there might be glitches until you do :wink: .

0 Likes

great update, thanks much.

0 Likes

Looks good :smile:

I noticed there is the API

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().line_height() 13.0

You may want to add different pngs depending on ranges of the size of the line. Because looks a little ugly when using a very tiny font size. :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Looks good :smile:

I noticed there is the API

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().line_height() 13.0

You may want to add different pngs depending on ranges of the size of the line. Because looks a little ugly when using a very tiny font size. :smiley:[/quote]

Good call; hadn’t checked that scenario. I based it off the sizes already used by ST2. I will look into adding small versions, and create some convention of naming so the plugin will always no how to find the small variant. Either that, or I will revert to some tiny default.

0 Likes

This should work for the tiny text people :smile: .

Should have it out soon.

0 Likes

Version 1.5.2

• Use tiny icons when line height is less than 16
  • Use no icon if icon cannot be found
  • Optimize png icons

That took longer than I would have liked.

0 Likes

how do you get your highlights/icons coloured in different colors?

0 Likes

You can look at the readme.md file on the github repository. There is a section on changing colors. Let me know if you have more questions.

Readme
github.com/facelessuser/Bracket … /readme.md

0 Likes

damn!!! where was i looking? i think i checked the readme in package directory. Do’h!

0 Likes

The readme in the package is the readme on the repository. The package one comes from the repository :smile:.

0 Likes

Thanks for the small icons! :smile:

A very super stylish comment, feel free to ignore me. :smiley:

I added a little bit of padding and made very tiny corrections to the small icons.
Found these in the following link ( I’m not going to send a pull request )
dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/Sublime … _icons.zip

Default looks like this:

I made this:

Regards,

0 Likes

+1 for the padding. i noticed it too.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Thanks for the small icons! :smile:

A very super stylish comment, feel free to ignore me. :smiley:

I added a little bit of padding and made very tiny corrections to the small icons.
Found these in the following link ( I’m not going to send a pull request )
dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/Sublime … _icons.zip

Default looks like this:

I made this:

Regards,[/quote]

Thanks! I did not fool around with padding. I only made sure they worked. A very nice improvement. I will try and get these in tonight.

I know there is a slight padding issue with the angle_bracket.png (large version) and I will try and align it better too.

0 Likes

tito’s tiny icons are now in.

Also fixed the big angle bracket icon’s alignment.

I think this completes the great icon experiment.

I have to say, I wasn’t sure how it would go over, but it seems people generally like them. Thanks for the feedback and contributions. I think it all looks pretty polished now.

0 Likes

I like the new icons but have a big problem with them. Initially, they display correctly but after just a short moment they change to complete garbage. I have attached screenshots.

I am using Mac OS, ST2 2183, and Soda Theme.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Interesting, does it say something in the console? Like can’t find some_icon.png?

I am on Mac OSX myself and use Windows 7 at work, and I have not seen this. After installation of the plugin, you need to restart ST2; you get glitches like this until you do. Does a restart of ST2 help you?

I will also try enabling Soda Theme and see if that somehow interferes.

You might possibly get this issue when Package Control upgrades the plugin as well, again a restart should help.

Edit:
Soda Theme does not interfere for me. A restart is all you probably need.

0 Likes

[quote=“gregor.hoch”]I like the new icons but have a big problem with them. Initially, they display correctly but after just a short moment they change to complete garbage. I have attached screenshots.

I am using Mac OS, ST2 2183, and Soda Theme.

Any ideas?

Thanks![/quote]

This was happening to me, and was fixed after restarting Sublime – have you restarted?

0 Likes

yes, a restart solved the problem. Thanks!

0 Likes

Version 1.5.3

• Allow turning off gutter icons for multi-select via settings
  • Fix multi-select detection
  • Default the internal settings if setting is not found

Someone had mentioned that sometimes the gutter icons can get a bit too much, so I have added a setting to disable gutter icons during multi-select.

The default is to allow gutter icons in multi-select

// Disable gutter icons when doing multi-select "no_multi_select_icons": false,

0 Likes