Sublime Forum

New file tab location

Does anyone know how to control what tab a new file gets put? It appears that it opens a new file 1 tab to the right of the current tab. I would like for it to always open a file in a tab on the far right. I am sure this is configurable, but I just can’t find it. I am still learning my way around this editor. So far, so good.

Thanks

0 Likes

Are you sure you want to change the default behaviour? [BTW you can drag the file tab to the end.]

Might it be preferable to have a keyboard shortcut that will move the file to the end? There might already be a command that does this, or someone might have already created this command :question:

I’m happy to create either, but I won’t be able to look at this til tomorrow evening (earliest) - someone else might give it a go in the meantime :smile:

0 Likes

This is not a really big deal. It is just something that my old editor allowed me to control (open files in alphabetical order, or always left or always right) and I got used to the files always opening on the far right. I am sure I could get used to the way it works. I was just checking to see if I was missing the configuration somehow. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes