Sublime Forum

Portable installation doesn't reload plugins

Hi,

I have two problems with my portable installation.

Sublime detects the data folder properly, but:

1. My user options are never saved or applied automatically. I looks like Sublime is overwriting them with the default options.
  2. Whenever I save a plugin, the changes are saved, but it won’t work until I restart sublime.

This is how I start Sublime:

[code]@ECHO OFF
SET SU_DATA=%~dp0usr\appdata\SublimeData
SET SU_EXE=%~dp0apps\Sublime Text\sublimetext.exe

doskey su="%SU_EXE%" --data %SU_DATA% $*[/code]

0 Likes

I think sublimator has a similar issue, although I haven’t been able to replicate it.

Is the data directory on a USB key, or a hard disk?

What does sublime.packagesPath() return in the console?

0 Likes

Off the USB stick (exe + data) everything works like a charm.

My post was about an install (exe + data) on a remote drive.

sublime.packagesPath() returns the expected packages folder, and changes do get saved to plugins, but they aren’t reloaded automatically.

0 Likes

If I install Sublime on my local drive as portable (exact same environment as above), both settings and plugins work well, so maybe the problem lies with Sublime being on a server drive (that’s were My Documents happens to be located)?

0 Likes

If the network share is running via Samba, then I wouldn’t expect auto-reloading to work, my understanding is that Samba doesn’t support ReadDirectoryChangesW, as required for the auto reload.

The issue with the application settings should come from the same source: the settings are written out at shutdown, so if it hasn’t detected your changes to them while running, they’ll get clobbered on exit.

0 Likes