Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

MacOSX: Keyboard for save dialog

MacOSX: Keyboard for save dialog

Postby corelon on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi,

I see that the "traditional" keyboard shortcuts for the save dialog are already there (i.e. Cmd+D for don't save, Cmd+./Esc for cancel and Enter for OK). I read that since Tiger the simpler d (don't save) c (cancel) and s (OK/save) have been added to the OS. Is it possible to include them as well?

Regards,

Nikos Tzanos
corelon

Re: MacOSX: Keyboard for save dialog

Postby John on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 am

Additionally, the save dialog does not adhere to Mac OS X user interface guidelines. The text on the "save" button is "OK" but should be "Save". Every time I see this dialog I am sort of stumped and have to look really good before clicking on "OK" which then saves the document.
John

Postby jps on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 pm

The prompt-to-save dialog is a simple NSAlert, and the current key equivalents (Cmd+D/Escape/Return) are added by Cocoa. AFAIK, Cocoa doesn't do any handling of d/c/s, and I'm not keen to go digging around in the guts of NSAlert to see if there's any way to add them.

With respect to OK vs Save, I'll fix that for the next build.
jps
Site Admin

Postby blaha on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Wow, this could be a lot better-advertised. It took me forever to find out I didn't need the mouse for that, and it was pretty much my last sublime-text mouse action.
blaha

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests