Sublime Forum

Sublime crashes when opening PHP & HTML files

For some reason Sublime keeps crashing when I open PHP, HTML & Markdown files, but not on Javascript, LESS or CSS. Can anyone think why that might be?

I use Mac OS X Lion & Sublime Beta Build 2183. Is there somewhere I can send crash reports?

P.S. I will keep trying other filetypes to work out which fail/don’t fail.

0 Likes

Maybe is the “Tag” plugin? It happen with all the HTML, PHP files or just with some?

0 Likes

I don’t have that plugin installed, in fact I removed all plugins & started from a fresh install this evening & Sublime worked so now i am trying to figure out which plugin is causing the problem…

0 Likes

While I’m trying things out, is it possible that a preference file could have a syntax error, that I’m not aware of, & cause this problem?

0 Likes

This problem initially started today after I could not open Sublime at all - it crashed on startup. It asked me to ‘Restore window’, I clicked Yes & then it crashed again. It only opened up after that when I removed all other packages…

0 Likes

I have this same problem with Perl libraries (.pm). I am using a licensed version on OS X 10.6.8. The problem started yesterday.

I also was not able to launch Sublime either – it would crash immediately. I was able to finally get it launched by doing the same thing mentioned in this post: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/sublime-2-crashed-and-wont-re-open-osx-lion/4439/1#p23690.

But, I was not able to open Perl libraries until I deleted the entire Sublime Text 2 folder as mentioned in that thread.

I’ve only recently started using Sublime, so the only customizations I had were a javascript linter, a closure linter, and a “copy on save” user script.

0 Likes

We had the same problem with the first nightly and the fix was to delete the file “Packages/…/Settings/Session.sublime_session” with sublime closed.

0 Likes

Crash reports to support@sublimetext.com are always welcome

0 Likes