Sublime Forum

Is there any way to set fallback font for Unicode character?

Iā€™ve noticed the latest build of Sublime Text 2 (2181) can render Unicode characters (which previously cannot) using a fallback font (on Linux). But it is using a wrong font.

Is there any way yet to force-set default fallback font for specific character range?

For example, I use ā€œ.fonts.confā€ to set default fallback font for Myanmar Unicode characters on Ubuntu like this:

[code]<?xml version='1.0'?>

my myanmar3 ~/.fonts [/code]

Sublime Text 2 make my coding even more comfy and itā€™s the best editor I ever used. It improved build by build and Iā€™m waiting this Unicode fallback rendering since long time ago.

Thanks

0 Likes

The short answer is I donā€™t know - Sublime Text asks Pango to render the glyphs, so I would expect the result to be the same as any other GTK application. Presumably the font fallback can be configured via fontconfig or similar, but Iā€™m not familiar with the details.

0 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™ve mistaken. It using the correct font which setting in .fonts.config. But just cannot render correctly.

So, itā€™s probably pango itself cannot or fail to render script with complex shaping. Here is the screenshot:

Shaping on ā€œtab titleā€ is a correct one.

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes

Sublime Text isnā€™t able to render complex unicode sequences, unfortunately.

0 Likes

Are there any plans to support this? [could there be? :smile: ]

I just ran into a bug that was caused by some additional characters on a form field that I couldnā€™t see in ST, and therefore didnā€™t know was a problem until I switched to a different editor.

0 Likes