Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Scroll bar slider is hard to see

Scroll bar slider is hard to see

Postby CaptainCrowbar on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 am

Is there any way to make the slider on the scroll bar stand out better? It's very dark, almost the same colour as the scroll bar background, and very hard to see.
CaptainCrowbar

Re: Scroll bar slider is hard to see

Postby atomi on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:22 am

If you change "overlay_scroll_bars": to "enabled" in your preferences you should get scroll bars based on the current theme when you actually scroll which I don't seem to understand since that's what scrollbars are generally for. Apparently they are modeled after Max OSX viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5358

As of 2190 Windows scrollbars appear to be borked. If "overlay_scroll_bars" are set to "system" it's my understanding that they should use the default system scrollbars. I should point out I am on Windows 8 so that may have something to do with it.
atomi

Postby mkeilhofer on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm

I've tried enabled, disabled and system and none of them make it any easier to see the scroll bar. The disabled is interesting because the scroll bar disappears until you use the mouse scroll wheel and then it shows up, without the almost black background which does help.

The curr3ent scroll bar is so hard to see it's almost unusable.
mkeilhofer

Postby CrazyTim on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 am

Bump, any progress on this topic? I too wish for some flexibility to change the appearance/style of the scroll bar. I am on Windows 7 and it would be nice to see the standard scroll bar! :D

PS. "overlay_scroll_bars":"enabled" works OK, but still would be nice to see the standard scroll bar in Windows 7.
CrazyTim

Postby mbarrish on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 am

I could barely see the scrollbar "handle" because of the lack of contrast, so in lieu of another solution (my searches turn up nada), I replaced the image file that controls this color with the one attached. It's found in the "Theme - Default" package. Of course I realize that an upgrade will probably override my file, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Attachments
normal_bar_vertical.png
normal_bar_vertical.png (196 Bytes) Viewed 4624 times
mbarrish

Postby explainer on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 pm

@mbarrish Thanks for the tip on the scroll bar colors. I did what you did, just opened up gimp, located the icons and changed them to some visible color.
explainer

Return to General Discussion