Sublime Forum

EasyMotion in sublime

If youā€™re on Windows, hit alt+n. On OS X, ctrl+n. I believe those are the defaults.

0 Likes

That might be the problem. Iā€™m on Linux and Ctrl+n opens a new file.

0 Likes

I have it working now on Linux. I had to rename the file ā€œDefault.querty-keymapā€ to ā€œDefault (Linux).sublime-keymapā€.

Great plugin! A must have!

Good jobā€¦

0 Likes

This is a really cool plugin, thanks to the author! Itā€™s even inspired me to setup my keybindings so that I can do all my navigating and editing from home row :smile:

Iā€™m not sure if this is still being developed but Iā€™d like some clarification on something (or perhaps this is a bug), if I open the volcanoes README.txt file and put the cursor at the beginning of file and then press the volcanoes hotkey to navigate down I see whatā€™s shown in this screenshot:

http://ubuntuone.com/5jWLxLY97q9t0VgMY6xZbX

I highlighted two regions in red circles, my question is: how would I navigate to the second red circle? Pressing ā€˜deā€™ takes me to the region in the first red circle.

Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.

Thanks!

0 Likes

This plugin has been deprecated. It source is available; however, if you are interested in putting work into it (but be warned: deciphering @sublimatorā€™s code is frustrating at best :smile: ). As for the issue with the circles, the underline means that the digraph is reverse. So to get there, press ed. To change the color of the highlights, youā€™ll have to delve into the plugin code. Itā€™s probably no too difficult but you never know.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œsheldnoā€]
Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.[/quote]

Take a look at Packages/Volcanise/volcanise.sublime-settings

[pre=#0C1021]{
ā€œdebugā€ : false,

"region_scopes" : {
    "digraph.underlines"            : "support",
    "digraph.reversed_underlines"   : "entity",
    "digraph.outlines"              : "entity",
    "digraph.line_numbers"          : "entity", "bookmark"],
    "characters"                    : "string",
    "direction_indicator"           : "source"
},

"landbacks" : {

}

}[/pre]

You probably wanna make sure that thereā€™s a distinction between ā€œdigraph.underlinesā€ and ā€œdigraph.reversed_underlinesā€. Like the bindings being optimized for colemak, the default regions are optimised for the blackboard colorscheme

no comment ā€¦

edit: 0xFFFFFFFFFFF

0 Likes

I meant that in a good way :smile:

0 Likes

and ignore the landbacks key ā€¦

as cod mentioned ā€¦ no movement on this plugin in a long time ā€¦

0 Likes

Thanks for the help! Iā€™ve got the colours and reversed underlines down now.

If the pluginā€™s deprecated do you guys still use it or is there something else you use instead? Seems like itā€™s still functioning so thatā€™s goodā€¦

0 Likes

I personally use it every day ā€¦

0 Likes

Really? Iā€™m kinda surprised.

0 Likes

I got a mactard airy fairy book the other day. Iā€™m kinda surprised how much I like it while simultaneously hating it.

0 Likes

Hahahahaha. Quote of the day. Just wait. Pretty soon it spreads and youā€™ll hate yourself. :smile:
Donā€™t you use colemak though? Howā€™s that combo working out?

0 Likes

Iā€™m using the unholy trifecta of 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

My main OS is windows 7, where I run a 10.04 ubuntu inside vmware, the console from which I ssh into the fairy book.

I love how quick it loads and how light it is but Iā€™m not such a huge fan of OSX or the keyboard layout. Iā€™m not quite sure of the details but will eventually rebind some of the keys if I ever start using it directly. Volcanoes and OSX keyboard layout definitely donā€™t mix well together and colemak only makes it worse.

The PITA equivalent of apt-get build-essential includes apple ids and a whole bunch of bollix

0 Likes

Haha. So youā€™re still afraid to touch it? I guess you need to keep a wide perimeter around those macbooks or theyā€™ll transform you :stuck_out_tongue:.

:open_mouth: Work through the pain.

0 Likes

I take it you are referring to getting xcode from Apple rather than installing gcc with macports:

port install gcc47

Thereā€™s also a similar project called homebrew, but I havenā€™t used it.

0 Likes

Last time I used OSX (hackintosh in vmware) I wanted to run ports for something

IIRC to install ports I needed xcode? Chicken and the egg? 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

@kuroir put me onto homebrew this time around for installing swig and wget etc

It seems to download recipes to download source and compile it. Port installs prebuilt binaries?

0 Likes

hahaha

It would take me months to get productive on it so Iā€™m putting off cold turkey until Iā€™m between contracts.

Still, I seriously donā€™t understand the appeal just yet :smile:

0 Likes

I remapped the capslock key on windows to delete ā€¦

I guess itā€™s a bit of a bad habit but I liked I could hit multiple times really fast to delete a succession of characters ā€¦

Key repeat settings donā€™t seem to have any effect on the rebound caps-delete. Tap, pause, tap, pause.

(written from my airy fairy tardbook)

0 Likes

is there a way to use this parallel with Vintage mode?

*this = volcanoes

0 Likes