Sublime Forum

Python Help

Hello everyone I have been using sublime text for quite a while to design web pages and edit configs to be honest I love it. The only issue that I have been having with it recently is when I have been trying out python. I looked around the internet and they said that control + b would run it. However when I run a program with it all it puts out is [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified [Finished]
This makes it hard to justify useing sublime text over IDLE please get back to me soon I want my text editor that I love back.

0 Likes

Ctrl-B might be running a different build. Try choosing it specifically from the Tools menu, Build System, Python. Thereafter, Ctrl-B should default to Python.

Otherwise, search for the file ‘Python.sublime-build’. It should be in (on my system) ‘Packages\Python’. Mine contains:

{ "cmd": "python", "-u", "$file"], "file_regex": "^ ]*File \"(...*?)\", line ([0-9]*)", "selector": "source.python" }

Failing the above, it might be a path issue…

0 Likes

What you told me to didnt work how would I resolve a path issue?

0 Likes

Make sure that the Python executable is in your PATH environmental variable. The some Python distribution for Windows (older versions?) didn’t added it at installation time.

If you *can * call the Python interpreter from any console window (‘cmd.exe’), then you have some other problem.

0 Likes