Sublime Forum

SublimeLinter and Package Control

I use Sublime Text 2 on Windows 7. When I install SublimeLinter through Package Control, I always get the following when I use List Packages command of Package Control:

SublimeLinter
No description provided
unknown version

This happens even on a fresh profile after deleting the existing Sublime Text 2 profile in %APPDATA%.

For other packages, Package Control shows appropriate description and version. There is no such issue.

What could have gone wrong?

0 Likes

[quote=“badboy”]I use Sublime Text 2 on Windows 7. When I install SublimeLinter through Package Control, I always get the following when I use List Packages command of Package Control:

SublimeLinter
No description provided
unknown version

This happens even on a fresh profile after deleting the existing Sublime Text 2 profile in %APPDATA%.

For other packages, Package Control shows appropriate description and version. There is no such issue.

What could have gone wrong?[/quote]

I believe SublimeLinter was/is using non-ascii characters in one of their Package Control message files, and there is currently a bug in Package Control that causes a unicode exception to be thrown. Because of this, the install process does not fully complete.

0 Likes

This was fixed in 1.5.5.

0 Likes