Sublime Forum

Replace Shortcut Mac

Using Sublime Text 2 latest beta. The shortcut Cmd-Option-F to do a replace doesn’t seem to work.

0 Likes

I’m having this problem also. super-alt-f doesn’t do anything on a mac. Looking at the keymap it looks like this isn’t a user editable shortcut so i can’t try to assign it to something else. It would be great if we could get this to work. I’d rather not have to mouse through the menu to do a find/replace. Any ideas?

0 Likes

On OS X, Command+Option+F will open the replace panel. It will do nothing if the replace panel is already open and focussed. To replace the next occurrence, the tooltip on the Replace button in the same panel will indicate the key binding to use.

aaronszy: All key bindings are editable.

0 Likes

Ah, I found the key binding:
{ “keys”: “super+alt+f”], “command”: “show_panel”, “args”: {“panel”: “replace”} }

The replace panel is not open when I use this key binding. I removed all installed packages just to make sure they weren’t causing issues. Also, i searched the key bindings for super+alt+f to see if there was something else conflicting with it. Not sure what’s wrong with it.

I added an entry in the user key-bindings file, changing it to super+alt+r. This works. Not sure what’s causing the issue with super+alt+f. Maybe there is something running on my machine that’s capturing super+alt+f before sublime has a chance to. I don’t know…

0 Likes

I can confirm I am having the same problem. If I change the mapping to super+alt+shift+f it works but the default mapping does not work.

0 Likes

The default mapping (Cmd+Opt+F) is working for me. The latest beta build on OS X 10.7.3

0 Likes

I found my problem. I’m running a process called “shift-it” which is capturing the shortcut. When i shut it down, it works fine. So, not a bug.

0 Likes

Great find! I am running ShiftIt too, once I disabled it the default key mapping works like it should.

0 Likes

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236 says that command option f is a system shortcut that opens spotlight search in Finder. So even if you’re not running “Shift-It”, the Sublime shortcut doesn’t work. This is my case in El Capitan.

I personally use “Replace” much more often in Sublime than Spotlight search, so I mapped the Finder keyboard shortcut to something else: control+option+command+f. Now sublime works as expected.

To disable the system keyboard shortcut, open Preferences, Keyboard and click Shortcuts. Select “Spotlight” from the list on the left. Select “Show Finder search window” in the list on the right and press control+option+command+f to set the new shortcut. You also have the option of unchecking the system shortcut to disable it.

1 Like