Sublime Forum

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

Not working on Ubuntu with kernel 3.0.0-16 x64. Updating indexes process never ends =(

0 Likes

Same here - the Ubuntu plus updating indexes thing, I mean. Sadcakes.

0 Likes

FWIW, I was actually able to get it working using Ubuntu 11.10. A co-worker and I decided to beat our heads against it.

The issue, it seems, in my case, is that I had nothing in the config file. Dunno why it was blank, but there you go.

0 Likes

First of all: great plugin! Iā€™m looking for a replacement for Eclipse(which is way too bulky and buggy) and this plugin made Sublime a great candidate.

There is however one thing Iā€™m missing: support for phpdoc tags. For example:

<?php
class Foo {
    /*
      * @return Bar a bar class
      */
     public function getBar() {
         $bar = new Bar();
         return $bar;
     }
}

class Bar {
     public function getHello() {
         return 'hello';
     }
}

$foo = new Foo();
echo $foo->getBar()->getHello(); // getHello doesn't easily autocomplete or jump to definition here, it does show eventually, but first all default PHP functions show
?>

Is there some way to fix this?

0 Likes

I use the DocBlokr plugin for that, works great!

0 Likes

Thanks for the tip, seems to do the trick at first sight. Will do a test soon with a bigger project to see if it works there :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œmpedrummerā€]FWIW, I was actually able to get it working using Ubuntu 11.10. A co-worker and I decided to beat our heads against it.

The issue, it seems, in my case, is that I had nothing in the config file. Dunno why it was blank, but there you go.[/quote]

Can you be more specific? Which configuration file was empty? I can not get anything but the message of ā€œUpdating indexes for PHPā€¦ The first time this can take a whileā€ and a 100% CPU (T_T)

0 Likes

Itā€™s the file referred to in the ā€œConfiguringā€ section here - github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel

For me, it was ~/.codeintel/config - that file was empty. I just pasted the example from github in there, and it started working for me.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œmpedrummerā€]Itā€™s the file referred to in the ā€œConfiguringā€ section here - github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel

For me, it was ~/.codeintel/config - that file was empty. I just pasted the example from github in there, and it started working for me.[/quote]

You are a lucky man. I tried with the configuration file at ~/.codeintel/config, adde a config file at project .codeintel directory, to recompile plugin libraries ā€¦ and nothing ā€¦ just CPU at 100% and ā€œUpdating indexes for PHPā€¦ā€ message = (

0 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for it to break :smile:

My co-worker, who had initially gotten it to work in Ubuntu, has subsequently had it stop working. We havenā€™t been able to figure out why.

Oh, computers. You suck, and I love you.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œmpedrummerā€]Iā€™m waiting for it to break :smile:

My co-worker, who had initially gotten it to work in Ubuntu, has subsequently had it stop working. We havenā€™t been able to figure out why.

Oh, computers. You suck, and I love you.[/quote]

Noooooooo!!! You are my only hope!!! :cry:

0 Likes

OK, hereā€™s a hint maybe - we got his working again, though it took deleting as much evidence that Sublime had ever existed as we could find :smile:

At some point, he had moved the directory that contained the executable into .config/sublime-text-2, which turned out to be a horrible idea.

After reinstalling, he ran the build.sh that comes with SublimeCodeIntel, and it works!

0 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™ve got some problem with this package.

What Iā€™ve done:

1. Installed the packages
  2. Created a new folder
  3. Created a new file test.rb
  4. Typed in some Ruby class
class Test
end
  1. Pressed super+j

In ~/.codeintel/codeintel.log I see

Updating indexes for 'Ruby'... The first time this can take a while. Doing CodeIntel for 'Ruby' (hold on)... eval 'Test' at test.rb#6 <Trigger 'ruby-defn-defn' at 37 (explicit)> Unexpected error with evaluator: 'Test' at test.rb#6 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree.py", line 328, in eval defns = self.eval_defns() File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 293, in eval_defns self._base_scoperefs = self._calc_base_scoperefs(start_scoperef) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 305, in _calc_base_scoperefs scoperefs = [curr_scoperef, (self.built_in_blob, [])] File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 965, in built_in_blob if isinstance(self.libs-1], StdLib): File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 155, in libs self._libs = self.langintel.libs_from_buf(self.buf) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 323, in libs_from_buf libs = self._buf_indep_libs_from_env(env):] File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 444, in _buf_indep_libs_from_env = self._ruby_info_from_ruby(ruby, env) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 355, in _ruby_info_from_ruby p = process.ProcessOpen(argv, env=env.get_all_envvars(), stdin=None) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ProcessOpen' done eval: eval error

Iā€™ve tried other languages (e. g. Python) but I got similar errors.

0 Likes

We are working on v2.0 of SubimeCodeIntel, available at github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIn ā€¦ evelopment (development branch). This should fix many of the bugs that were there (making it slow and making CPU usage go crazy for too long)ā€¦ please if anyoneā€™s willing, Iā€™d appreciate any feedback.

We need suggestions for proper and working key and mouse bindings for ā€œjump to definitionā€ (currently alt+click) and the autocomplete popup manual trigger. Any thought would be welcome.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œKronuzā€]We are working on v2.0 of SubimeCodeIntel, available at github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIn ā€¦ evelopment (development branch). This should fix many of the bugs that were there (making it slow and making CPU usage go crazy for too long)ā€¦ please if anyoneā€™s willing, Iā€™d appreciate any feedback.

We need suggestions for proper and working key and mouse bindings for ā€œjump to definitionā€ (currently alt+click) and the autocomplete popup manual trigger. Any thought would be welcome.[/quote]

thatā€™s a REAL good news!!!

0 Likes

Indeed!!

0 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks!

0 Likes

The development version does not work on my computer (Ubuntu Linux 12.04 kernel 3.2.0-26-generic x86_64).

Iā€™ve done this:

When I try to go to the definition of an element with CTRL+SUPER+ALT+UP nothing happens. Neither pressing SHIFT+CTRL+SPACE to autocomplete.

I tried recompiling libraries at ~/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/src/ but nothing new happens.

The file ~/.codeintel/codeintel.log:

Starting logging SublimeCodeIntel rev GIT-unknown (1341919357) on Wed Jul 11 09:06:22 2012
==========================================================================================
+ Info: Invalid language: Plain text. Available: JavaScript, Mason, XBL, XUL, RHTML, SCSS, Python, HTML, Ruby, Python3, XML, XSLT, Django, HTML5, Perl, CSS, PHP, Less, Smarty, Node.js, Tcl, TemplateToolkit, Twig
+ Info: processing `PHP': please wait...
Updating indexes for 'PHP'... The first time this can take a while.
+ Info: processing `PHP': please wait...
Doing CodeIntel for 'PHP' (hold on)...
unknown UDL-based XML completion: <built-in function id>
done eval: error
Done 'PHP' CodeIntel! Full CodeIntel took 24ms
Updating indexes for 'PHP'... The first time this can take a while.
Doing CodeIntel for 'PHP' (hold on)...
unknown UDL-based XML completion: <built-in function id>
done eval: error
Done 'PHP' CodeIntel! Full CodeIntel took 32ms
0 Likes

Iā€™m in the same situation as xavi above. I installed via git, but the result is the same.

0 Likes

CodeIntel just doesnā€™t work on Win7. Not sure what the deal isā€¦ :frowning:

0 Likes