Sublime Forum

Tab size reverts to 4

I’m on v2 2165. I added “tab_size” : 2 to the User File Settings. It works more of the time than not but frequently reverts to 4 spaces for a tab in ways I can’t reproduce. I altered the default settings as well to know affect. If I exit and restart it will honor the setting but at some point reverts back. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to fix it please?

0 Likes

Disable indentation detection - sublimetext.com/docs/2/indentation.html

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue despite having already set “detect_indentation”: false. Strangely, it only seems to be happening with .yml docs. Is it possible that the syntax definition is overruling the user-prefs? If so, how do I override this?

0 Likes

User Preferences supersede syntax-specific which supersedes default

Make sure it’s in User/Preferences.sublime-settings

0 Likes

[quote]User Preferences supersede syntax-specific which supersedes default

Make sure it’s in User/Preferences.sublime-settings[/quote]

Thanks for the help! But my preferences are indeed in the user folder. In any case, according to the docshttp://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/settings.html,

[quote]Settings files are consulted in this order:

Packages/Default/Preferences.sublime-settings
Packages/Default/Preferences ().sublime-settings
Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings

Packages//.sublime-settings
Packages/User/.sublime-settings
[/quote]

But I’ve checked the Packages/ directory and there’s nothing there.

After further testing. I believe the problem was initially about the auto-detect, but I foolishly forgot to restart the program or even to close and reopen the files I was working on. That’s embarrassing, but I guess I’ll just know better for next time.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes