Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

EasyMotion in sublime

Re: EasyMotion in sublime

Postby sublimator on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:18 pm

I personally use it every day ...
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby C0D312 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:I personally use it every day ...

Really? I'm kinda surprised.
C0D312

Postby sublimator on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 am

C0D312 wrote:Really? I'm kinda surprised.

I got a mactard airy fairy book the other day. I'm kinda surprised how much I like it while simultaneously hating it.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby C0D312 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:I got a mactard airy fairy book the other day. I'm kinda surprised how much I like it while simultaneously hating it.

Hahahahaha. Quote of the day. Just wait. Pretty soon it spreads and you'll hate yourself. :)
Don't you use colemak though? How's that combo working out?
C0D312

Postby sublimator on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:44 am

I'm using the unholy trifecta of 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

My `main` OS is windows 7, where I run a 10.04 ubuntu inside vmware, the console from which I ssh into the fairy book.

I love how quick it loads and how light it is but I'm not such a huge fan of OSX or the keyboard layout. I'm not quite sure of the details but will eventually rebind some of the keys if I ever start using it directly. Volcanoes and OSX keyboard layout definitely don't mix well together and colemak only makes it worse.

The PITA equivalent of `apt-get build-essential` includes apple ids and a whole bunch of bollix
sublimator

Postby C0D312 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Haha. So you're still afraid to touch it? I guess you need to keep a wide perimeter around those macbooks or they'll transform you :P.

The PITA equivalent of `apt-get build-essential` includes apple ids and a whole bunch of bollix

:shock: Work through the pain.
C0D312

Postby quarnster on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:44 pm

I take it you are referring to getting xcode from Apple rather than installing gcc with macports:
Code: Select all
port install gcc47

There's also a similar project called homebrew, but I haven't used it.
quarnster

Postby sublimator on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:09 am

Last time I used OSX (hackintosh in vmware) I wanted to run ports for something

IIRC to install ports I needed xcode? Chicken and the egg? 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

@kuroir put me onto homebrew this time around for installing `swig` and `wget` etc

It seems to download recipes to download source and compile it. Port installs prebuilt binaries?
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:19 am

C0D312 wrote:Haha. So you're still afraid to touch it? I guess you need to keep a wide perimeter around those macbooks or they'll transform you :P.

hahaha

It would take me months to get productive on it so I'm putting off `cold turkey` until I'm between contracts.

Still, I seriously don't understand the appeal just yet :)
sublimator

Postby sublimator on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 am

I remapped the capslock key on windows to delete ...

I guess it's a bit of a bad habit but I liked I could hit multiple times really fast to delete a succession of characters ...

Key repeat settings don't seem to have any effect on the rebound caps-delete. Tap, pause, tap, pause.

(written from my airy fairy tardbook)
sublimator

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests