Sublime Forum

Textmate Indent Line command

Is there a Sublime Text 2 command that is equivalent to the textmate command “Indent Line”

the indent line command moves the line to the proper indent level (forward or backwards)?

Still working on setting up a config file to move from Textmate to sublime text 2, which i moved to after 10+ years in emacs. Too much muscle memory to relearn.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I guess that’s a “no” then.

very useful feature, especially when dealing with environments where people all use different space/tab settings. Highlight a section of code that you want to indent and hit a key-combo. done.

0 Likes

[quote=“mbond”]I guess that’s a “no” then.

very useful feature, especially when dealing with environments where people all use different space/tab settings. Highlight a section of code that you want to indent and hit a key-combo. done.[/quote]

I’m sure it’s there somewhere, but not certain what you mean. On the Edit menu, Line, there’s Indent (Ctrl-]), Unindent and Reindent. Selecting text and pressing Tab also indents.

Otherwise, search for the word ‘indent’ in ‘Preferences\ Key Bindings - Default’.

0 Likes

what he means is reindentation of selected lines based on the indentation of the line right before selection.
there’s no such command included in Sublime but it should not be difficult to write custom one and bind it to keyboard shortcut.

0 Likes

Reindent does this

0 Likes

great.

I think i’m running out of reasons to not purchase this software and replace text mate. I think i’ll have to order it in the morning.

0 Likes