Sublime Forum

SublimeLinter & javascript!?

Hello,

I’m trying to install the Sublimelinter plugin but it’s just extremely user unfriendly to install. I can install the package and it doesnt do anything. I’m on Windows 7 64bit.

Could someone make a very noob friendly quick guide to install this plugin? I’ve been losing HOURS just to install a a plugin…

0 Likes

Installing the plugin is easy, but you must understand there are certain prerequisites for certain linters. For instance, you cannot expect it to lint your PHP code, if you don’t even have PHP installed (it uses PHP to lint the code)

For Javascript, you must have NodeJS installed and in your system path. SublimeLinter uses NodeJS to launch JSHint which is a Javascript linter written in Javascript. That is probably why it is doing nothing for you.

Install NodeJS (you may need to restart your computer if you are on windows for it to be seen in your system path) and that should help.

0 Likes

Also, there is pretty good documentation available at the plugin’s “homepage”: github.com/Kronuz/SublimeLinter … README.rst

0 Likes

Lukk,

You never responded to my last post about this question in your other thread (Any plugin that warns you if the code is incorrect?). If you have Node.js installed, go read my last suggestion and let us know if you can run ‘node’ from your command line.

0 Likes

[quote=“Lukk”]Hello,

I’m trying to install the Sublimelinter plugin but it’s just extremely user unfriendly to install. I can install the package and it doesnt do anything. I’m on Windows 7 64bit.

Could someone make a very noob friendly quick guide to install this plugin? I’ve been losing HOURS just to install a a plugin…[/quote]

Did you use Package Control? Without that every plugin is user unfriendly to install.

As someone else pointed out, the README is pretty extensive, you might want to start there. In the latest version of SublimeLinter, you can access the README via Preferences->Package Settings->SublimeLinter->README.

0 Likes