Sublime Forum

How to insert some word after line of more?

I have some paragraph,like this

I want to insert some word after this paragraph

have some quick commend?

0 Likes

Your question is a little hard to parse. Do you mean that you’d like to be able to insert some text at the beginning of several lines? Thus, from this:

A line of code or prose.
A second line text.
A third line.

to this:

INSERTED TEXT A line of code or text.
INSERTED TEXT A second line text.
INSERTED TEXT A third line.

If so, I usually deal with this by using the multi-cursor function: hold ctl+shift and arrow up or down to disperse cursors, then type your desired text; or, hold alt+super (on mac: option+command) and click and drag your mouse up the beginning of the rows (or click at the beginning of each line). The only time this method doesn’t work so smoothly is when you’re using text wrapping.

I imagine you could also write a snippet to do this with a few less clicks/presses.

0 Likes

[quote=“abathologist”]Your question is a little hard to parse. Do you mean that you’d like to be able to insert some text at the beginning of several lines? Thus, from this:

A line of code or prose.
A second line text.
A third line.

to this:

INSERTED TEXT A line of code or text.
INSERTED TEXT A second line text.
INSERTED TEXT A third line.

If so, I usually deal with this by using the multi-cursor function: hold ctl+shift and arrow up or down to disperse cursors, then type your desired text; or, hold alt+super (on mac: option+command) and click and drag your mouse up the beginning of the rows (or click at the beginning of each line). The only time this method doesn’t work so smoothly is when you’re using text wrapping.

I imagine you could also write a snippet to do this with a few less clicks/presses.[/quote]

thank your suggest!good idea.why don’t thinks this of myself? :smiley:

0 Likes

Cheers! It would be handy to do this in one swoop, but not handy enough for me that I want to write the snippet myself. :wink:

0 Likes