Sublime Forum

SortTabs

This plugin sort the tabs in Sublime Text 2 using one of these methods:

• Sort Tabs by file name
  • Sort Tabs by file type
  • Sort Tabs by modification date

Creating new sorting method is (relatively) easy.

It’s available here: https://github.com/bizoo/SortTabs

Don’t know now if it worth to be added to Package Control. Let me know what do you think.

0 Likes

There are dozens and dozens of plugins I don’t use on Package Control, but I would use this one. Well done. I think you should add it.

0 Likes

Thanks, I will ask to add it to Package Control.

If someone has proposition for new sorting methods, feel free to ask.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]Thanks, I will ask to add it to Package Control.

If someone has proposition for new sorting methods, feel free to ask.[/quote]

I searched package control for this plugin and it is not currently listed. Any idea when it will be listed? This would be helpful for me.

0 Likes

ctrl+shift+p => add repo => github.com/bizoo/SortTabs
ctrl+shift+p => install package => sortTabs

Done :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

ctrl+shift+p => add repo => github.com/bizoo/SortTabs
ctrl+shift+p => install package => sortTabs

Done :smile:[/quote]

Awesome thanks. first time using package control so i didnt know/see that i could add repo.

0 Likes

Nice plugin, but is there possibility to use it from program menu?

0 Likes

Create a file \Sublime Text 2\Packages\User\Main.sublime-menu containing:

[code]
{
“id”: “view”,
“children”:

{ "id": "side_bar" },
        { "command": "sort_tabs_menu" }
    ]
}

][/code]
Maybe I will add it later.

0 Likes

Thanks for the addon. It has a pretty annoying bug however; it steals focus from the “GoTo Anything” dialog when it’s previewing files. I’ll disable it for now, hoping to see this fixed.

0 Likes

I suppose you have “sort_on_load_save” enabled ?
I couldn’t reproduce this issue on my system (startup, version: 2199 windows x64 channel: nightly) using the last version of SortTabs that I pushed right now.

Please upgrade SortTabs to the last version (if not already done automaticaly by Package Control) and try it again.

0 Likes

Thanks, will try.

For the record, it only occurs randomly. So open the “GoTo” dialog and just press down a few times when searching - it won’t necessarily happen on the first result.

And yes, I have sort_on_load_save enabled.

0 Likes

Working great so far (after upgrade).

0 Likes

How do I sort by descending order (reverse order)? Also, what’s the difference between sort by modified date and sort by last activation? They both seem to do the same thing… a newest file gets moved to the first tab position.

PS: Did I setup my settings correctly? I was just getting how to get it working to sort by modified date.

{ // Automatically sort tabs when loading or saving a file. "sort_on_load_save" : true, // Command to use for automatic sort. // If not specified, it use the last used sorting command // Available defaults command are: // sort_tabs_by_name // sort_tabs_by_file_path // sort_tabs_by_type "sort_tabs_by_date" : true, // sort_tabs_by_last_activation "sort_on_load_save_command" : "sort_tabs_by_date" }

0 Likes