Sublime Forum

Code Complete

Iā€™d love to see code complete like dreamweaver does.

The only reason I use dreamweaver is for this feature. If I could use another text editor, attach a style sheet and have code complete for css/html, thatā€™s the editor Iā€™d use.

0 Likes

can you be more verbose?

0 Likes

Sublimator, itā€™s cool!

0 Likes

The most intelligent editor in terms of completion ā€” Web IDE is a new product from JetBrains, creators of IntelliJ IDEA.
Dreamweaver nothing can oppose :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, itā€™s very smart.

Some more features of Web IDE: jetbrains.com/idea/features/ ā€¦ ditor.html
Video: jetbrains.com/idea/training/ ā€¦ tance.html

Web IDE is the same like IntelliJ IDEA, but only for web development without java.

0 Likes

I totally agree! There are many good features, but that based on very weak and slow editor with a heavy interface.

In Web IDE I really like the smart completion and direct jump to the definition of class, id or tag in the CSS file (ctrl+b). But it lacks the flexibility and speed in the normal daily work of editing text and code.

And there is no minimap, multiselect and Sublimatorā€™s Zen Coding and Web Development amazing packages :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œsublimatorā€]Format selection?
Rename tag?
Surround with tag?

http://blogdata.akalias.net/surround-width.gif
[/quote]

How did you do it? :smile:

0 Likes

Wrapping and formatting

0 Likes

:open_mouth:

Excuse me, but I almost did not understand. :cry:

Which buttons to push, that would do what was shown in the screencast? :wink:

0 Likes

Wow!!! :smiley:

The biggest problem of Sublime Text in the absence of good documentation and examples of its use. Because it is a different style of thinking and editing.

0 Likes

The biggest feature I saw that yall mentioned from that IDE Iā€™d want is the pulling of images and such in the project when youā€™re in image tags. That would be really nice. Would be even nicer if it went a step further and worked in like PHP include/require tags and other such places.

Also on a side note, how hard would it be to toss up a mediawiki installation here? It would seem to solve a lot of the problems with lacking documentation and there seems to be enough people willing to contribute.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œsublimatorā€]There are plugins ā€œin the worksā€ for html/css code completion.

http://blogdata.akalias.net/css-complete.gif[/quote]

Where can I get this nice completion for CSS?

0 Likes