Sublime Forum

How do I search all open documents?

When I am looking for a keyword I usually just do ctrl+F and type in what i want to find. Is their a way to search all the open tabs at the same time, this way, i dont have to research on each file?

0 Likes

How to search in all opened document (including unsaved buffer) in all windows?

Find in Files, from the Find menu, does this

0 Likes

ctrl+shift+f
brings up the find in files dialog
type the below in the search-in box (or)

0 Likes

brings up the find in files dialog,is there a way to find in current active view,just current edit buffer?

0 Likes

:question:
Why a find in files in current view ?
Use ctrl+f

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]

:question:
Why a find in files in current view ?
Use ctrl+f[/quote]

by using ctrl+f,if find a large number of matches, i can not glance over all match lines and get what i need quickly, i must press find button(or enter key) to view one by one.

0 Likes

Is there a way to search all open files in all windows? Ctrl+Shift+F works just fine, but only in current window.

0 Likes

I suspect not, but if all the windows are related to the same project, you could make a *.sublime-project file that included all the folders you have open in all your windows. Then Ctrl+Shift+F in a window that had that project open would search those, too.

0 Likes

@michaelblyons, thank you for your answer. :smiley:

Well, I know that. However, I’d like to search in all files, in all windows, in any projects, simply: in any and all open files. :smiley:

0 Likes

:+1: Sorry it didn’t help. Some people do not realize that a project can be multiple paths, and I wanted to make sure you weren’t one of them. Good luck!

1 Like