Sublime Forum

Plugin Tooltips

I migrated from TextMate about a week ago and I’ve been loving Sublime Text 2 so far. However there is one thing that I miss, its a simple documention tooltip which shows the documentation of the current highlighted function or the function where my cursor is. This tooltip is available in the PHP bundle.

http://cl.ly/1O1L3x0N2x2t0d0B1o1J/TextMate-ToolTip.png

Does anyone knows how I can do that in Sublime Text 2?

0 Likes

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor
CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

Sublime Text 2 doesn’t currently support this kind of tooltips, but it’s on the list. I spoke with Jon about it a couple months ago. Hopefully we get these kind of tooltips soon, as some plugins really could use them :wink:

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I can’t wait! :smile:

0 Likes

+1 on this one. Happy to play with early APIs if you’ve got them.

0 Likes

That would be awesome to have functions descriptions like these

0 Likes

Please vote for this: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/54838-/ :smiley:

0 Likes

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/54838-/

yes, this would be great, i’m voting right now

0 Likes

+1googol for this, it is really needed and would be great to be used in SublimeCodeIntel.

0 Likes

This feature is SO needed! It’s almost a deal breaker for me, not having it. SublimeCodeIntel would be so much more powerful with it.

0 Likes

Any news on this??

It’s really really missing!!

Would be great, by the way,if this is implemented in a way so that other languages can easily be added through an extended sublime-completion file or something like that…

0 Likes

Just in case you have missed it, with SublimeCodeIntel you can have this, though it would only show up in the status bar (press super+j). Of course this is not the same as a tooltip but you can get by with it.

0 Likes

thanks. I never really got it to work. Jumping to definitions always shows ‘Can’t find …’ and super+j doesn’t do anything.

In any case, tooltips would be much better. It would already be great if the current autocompletion popup could show the arguments of a function in grey.
.sublime-completions file do not seem to support a difference between ‘displayed name in auto-completion list’ and actual completions. It would also allow trigger-based completions to be more useful because they could have a trigger, content, and something like label part so that the user actually sees what is going to be inserted. In this example
{ “trigger”: “a”, “contents”: “<a href=”$1">$0" }
the autocompletion is just going to show ‘a’ but it would be great to see in great what is actually inserted. A separate label field that is displayed in grey would make so much possible… :smile:

readthedocs.org/docs/sublime-tex … ompletions.

0 Likes

This new package provides something similar to a tooltip or at least access to the documentation with a single keystroke: SublimePeek - quick access to help for functions

0 Likes

Any chance to have this for ST2 final ?

0 Likes

I second this question.

0 Likes

[quote=“xeno.by”]

I second this question.[/quote]

Yes, please! I think it’s THE missing feature!!

0 Likes

Just here to cast my vote (already did over UserEcho):

+1

This is definitively a much needed feature.

0 Likes

I am really really waiting for this feature, its the super cool thing lacking in Sublime Text.

0 Likes