Sublime Forum

Newbie - help w/console & things like ''run_powershell''

Hey everyone - I am purchasing sublime text because it seems fantastic, but I have not been able to figure out how to do a few things.

1. I installed package control - then installed some packages, is the best way to install add-ons/packages to use package control?
  2. I installed “powershell” and then “Powershell utils”, but I can’t figure out how to get them to run? I read the readme and the doc states to go to the python console and execute run_powershell, I tried opening the console, but not sure where I’m going wrong.
  3. Is there something that I can highlight lines or strings of text with so I can save files with the highlighted colors?
  4. Is there a package/add-on that gives you an “explorer” like view for Windows and something like that for Mac OSX?

Thanks!
Sully

0 Likes

bump…Anyone?

0 Likes

Open the console (Ctrl+` or View > Show Console), then type:

view.run_command("run_powershell")

That should bring up an input panel across the bottom of the screen where you type in the Powershell code.

0 Likes

If you want to use PowershellUtils often, then you should bind that command to a key/key sequence, like “F12”. I don’t usually include key bindings with plugins, because they’re likely to interfere with user-defined ones.

0 Likes

Thanks, is there a way to highlight strings of text with colors or change the font color?

Also, is the console thats built in by default the python console that is referred to in the documentation?

0 Likes