Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Change font in sublime editor

Change font in sublime editor

Postby rajeshksv37 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Guys,

First I should thank the whole team for giving us a fantastic editor (especially for linux GUI users). Its an awesome editor - No complaints so far. I know this is not the right place to discuss this. The reason why I posted this is till sublime text 2 Beta build 2165, I love the font that came as default . But after builds, the font it not as good as previous ones. So is there a way to revert back to that font in later versions , If yes how do I do that ? (I dont remember the name of font)

Thanks
Rajesh KSV
rajeshksv37

Re: Change font in sublime editor

Postby jps on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 am

http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/2/font.html - the font name you want is "Courier New"
jps
Site Admin

Postby rajeshksv37 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for your reply, As suggested I have done it . But still no luck. I am attaching both screenshots which might help you.

And then I copied all settings of old build(Preferences-> FIle Settings Default) and pasted it in New build(Preferences-> FIle Settings User). Still it is different. So, are settings stored at different place as well apart from that Preferences-> FIle Settings Default?
Attachments
old builds.png
My Desired font appearance
old builds.png (139.91 KiB) Viewed 6324 times
new builds.png
New build font appearance (after changing settings)
new builds.png (140.15 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
rajeshksv37

Postby SeanWcom on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 pm

File settings are only for that file type. For example, you could specify a font for HTML files, and a different font for Javascript files.

What you want is "Settings - Default" and "Settings - User" -- but I would be careful copying the default settings from an old build to a new build. You may copy some settings that don't work in the new build. Your best bet is to just copy what you need. If all you're concerned about is the font, then that's just two lines (one for font name, and one for font size).

Code: Select all
{
    "font_face": "",
    "font_size": 10
}
Multiple selections... one of my favorite ST2 features. View some noob-friendly screen casts here.
SeanWcom

Return to General Discussion