Sublime Forum

Matlab syntax highlighting inactive

Hi I just came across this editor and my initial impressions are high. However, it seems that Matlab highlighting is not working. I installed v1.2.2 and the Matlab package is there, but doesn’t seem to be referenced - e.g. opening a .m file uses ‘Plain-Text’ highlighting, and there is no entry in the syntax list for ‘Matlab’.

Thanks!

0 Likes

This is fixed in the 20091017 beta

0 Likes

i just installed the 20091029 beta, and matlab is gone again.

also, the instructions above from sublimator no longer work. my changes to add “extensions m” are not saved after quitting and relaunching.

0 Likes

I don’t know about 20091029, but Matlab is there and working fine for me in the 20091108 beta.

Check that Packages/Matlab/Matlab.tmLanguage exists (via Preferences/Browse Packages), and the first few lines look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>fileTypes</key>
	<array>
		<string>m</string>
	</array>
0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]I don’t know about 20091029, but Matlab is there and working fine for me in the 20091108 beta.
Check that Packages/Matlab/Matlab.tmLanguage exists (via Preferences/Browse Packages), and the first few lines look like:[/quote]

I was missing those lines, but could not change the file. I would save the changes, but upon re-launch all my changes would be lost again. I determined that the files were being overwritten because I had previously installed the matlab package to the “Installed Packages” folder explicitly, back when it did not appear Matlab was installed properly. Looks like the version I installed at that time had the buggy files. I deleted the package from the “Installed Packages” and was able to fix the files now.

Thanks.

0 Likes