Sublime Forum

Selecting code from the bottom of the file

Since few updates there is an annoying feature that appears. It appears really often, when I click near the end of my document, a selection is done from the bottom of the document until where I clicked. So if I try to selected something else, or if I try to highlight something the same thing occurs. When this bug appears, I smash the pageup/pagedown button, try to select all, click everywhere, etc, and the problem dissapears by itself.

It’s a little bug, but really annoying during a production time work.

0 Likes

I’ve been noticing this too, but I have not yet tried to figure out a pattern to it. I’m currently using build 2193 on Mac OS X 10.7.3. I can’t say which build I first noticed it with, but it has been a few.

0 Likes

This happens since the fold addition. It is only reproducible when scroll_past_end is false. If you change this setting the problem goes away.

0 Likes

Thanks Tito, I’ll give a shot on that.
When the bug occurs I found that pressing page up and page down return me to the normal state.
I must say that my pageup and pagedown controls on my MAC are set as a PC (with end of line, pageup, pagedown, etc).

0 Likes

Same issue here… just clicking anywhere close to bottom of page (say within the last 5 lines) selects all of the last lines. I have “scroll_past_end”: true. Setting to false didn’t have any effect. Thanks

0 Likes

Correction… Just read the note that you have to do “scroll_past_end”: false inside of User prefs. I did that and it doesn’t do the freaky selection anymore. thanks for the tip.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for the fix, this has been incredibly annoying.

0 Likes

Works like a charm!
Hint: Already open files will not be affected. Reopen and the issue is gone.

0 Likes