Sublime Forum

New files & folders do not appear in sidebar

Hi there,

This happens to me as well.

If I add files or folders to the project directory from the command line (say from git pull, or touch file.txt) the sidebar in Sublime Text 2 does not refresh with the new files.

This worked in the previous version just fine, but since upgrading to the new build (2181), the one with the fancy new icon, it has stopped working.

I’m running OS X Lion 10.7.3

Is there anyway to downgrade the version I’m using because in this current state I can not work efficiently, I’m finding myself going back to old habits and using the bloated and slow Eclipse IDE…

It’s a shame because I really love Sublime Text 2, I bought a license even though it seemed to let me work without one, I was voting with my wallet that this is an App I want to support.

Many thanks for any help people can provide, and let me know if there’s any more info I can provide to help nail down the issue to a specific component.

Ant

0 Likes

I have fixed this issue by removing the Kronuz Code Intel Plugin

0 Likes

good job,but new files and folder are not visible(created them by win explorer), project->“refresh folders” not working with win 7 home basic

0 Likes

The issue has come back for me… No idea what has caused it this time.

0 Likes

Reproduced on MacOSX 10.7.3, build 2181.

When viewing a tree of folders in the Sublime folder view, and one of the folders is a symbolic link to somewhere outside the tree, then changes to the files in that folder will not cause Sublime to automatically refresh the folder view. Regular (non-symlinked) folders work fine, and Project/Refresh Folders does refresh the symlinked folder.

0 Likes

I’m having the same problem, somehow sublime text stopped liking the place where my project folder was, I fixed it by moving the folder somewhere else.

0 Likes

Ok I am having the same issue and I don’t have any sym linked folders. The only thing that has changed is that I am using Git + sideBarGit.

I removed both of those packages and still there is no refresh of the folder. I can refresh the folders manually by going to project > refresh folders (this is a major pain).

I am on the new beta 2181 version

Can someone please help? I’m on a MAC OSX 10.6.8

0 Likes

ok found a workaround

installed the following packages

synchedSideBar (helps with updating the folder structure)
sideBarEnhancements

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue since the latest update - and this almost makes me want to go back to TextMate. Everytime I add or delete a file - I have to refresh folders to see them. This makes no sense. Is there really no fix for this?

I’m using build 2217 on OSX 10.8

Please don’t make me go back to textmate.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve encountered this too on Mac OS X 10.8 with build 2217 & it’s very annoying :frowning:

Jon - thanks for great editor :smile:

0 Likes

Same issue here on 2217, it’s really annoying since you have to restart sublime text to see the files is there a way to fix it ?

Thanks for this awesome app !

0 Likes

Same issue here OSX 10.8 and ST2 2217. My SideBar doesn’t sync when project is situated inside a Dropbox folder.

0 Likes

Same issue with same OS/ST2. Even removed all packages, but still not working.

0 Likes

I suppose it’s related to what I wrote earlier:

0 Likes

Hi,

same problem here with ST2 2217 and OS X 10.7.5

Everything worked perfecty until yesterday evening.
This morning the sidebar stopped to autorefresh.
Nothing changed in the project settings, nor do I have symlinked files. The problem affects the whole project tree.

I can use the sidebar to delete files and to create new ones… and they ARE created and deleted correctly. Still, it doesn’t update.
Same story if I create or remove a file using the terminal (either through a script or manually). It doesn’t update.

It had always updated automatically… until today I didn’t even know about the “project->refresh folders” menu option. :smile:

I tried to empty the application cache files and preferences, but to no result.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’ve also just started having this problem. Am using OSX 10.8.2 & ST2 build 2217.

For me, files that were previously showing up, are no longer showing for some reason. Earlier, they did appear eventually after a good few minutes.

Hope we can get this fixed pretty quickly, as it’s really hindering my speed of work.

Other than that, love the app!

0 Likes

New Files Not Showing in Sidebar

I’m experiencing this as well under OS X 10.8.2, and can confirm that it’s not a package or preferences issue. Steps to replicate:

1. I removed “Application Support/Sublime Text 2”
  2. I installed the latest ST2 (Build 2217)
  3. I opened a folder (using “subl .”), created a new file within ST2, and saved it as “foo.txt” within that folder.

The sidebar does not show the newly-created file. It does appear if I run the “Project -> Refresh Folders” command. The same goes for deleting and renaming files and folders.

0 Likes

Oh, one important addendum: Installing the SideBarEnhancements package fixes the issue.

0 Likes

fyi - I’m seeing this consistently at home w/Linux Mint 13
but never at work where we use Ubuntu 10

At home it’s ext4 local disk.

At work it’s all NFS.

I’d expect more problems like this w/NFS.

0 Likes

This worked for me today. Thanks Trevor!

0 Likes