Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Select all text between quotes/brackets?

Re: Select all text between quotes/brackets?

Postby Kaske on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

facelessuser wrote:BracketHighlighter allows you to select strings without quotes or brackets. I think it is by default some goofy sequence like ["ctrl+shift+b", "ctrl+shift+s"], but you can change it something sensible. This was when I was still providing shortcuts in my plugins (there are so many shortcuts now it is hard to find free ones).

Thanks, man, a bit cumbersome for such a simple feature but it works.
Kaske

Postby facelessuser on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Kaske wrote:
facelessuser wrote:BracketHighlighter allows you to select strings without quotes or brackets. I think it is by default some goofy sequence like ["ctrl+shift+b", "ctrl+shift+s"], but you can change it something sensible. This was when I was still providing shortcuts in my plugins (there are so many shortcuts now it is hard to find free ones).

Thanks, man, a bit cumbersome for such a simple feature but it works.

If I was doing it now, I would have provided no shortcuts and let the user define them. It is goofy only because all other shortcuts were taken. The only good ones are ["alt+up"] and ["alt+down"] which jumps you between tags, brackets, or quotes.

But you can always override the default jump between brackets to use this one.
facelessuser

Postby Kaske on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 am

I noticed a strange behaviour:

When I use Ctrl + Shift + Space inside an ID (inside quotes) it selects the word without quotes (just as I think is the most natural way of selection). But when I do the same inside a class it selects both the name and quotes.

Now, BracketHighlighter is one solution, but still it offers too many things I don't won't to have just for the sake of simple inside-quote selection.
Kaske

Postby knrd on Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah, noticed something similar as well.

ctrl+shift+space with the cursor on the last char will select the ". Works fine with the first char.

Example

var $foo = "text he|re"; => text here
var $foo = "|text here"; => text here
var $foo = "text here|"; => text here"
knrd

Postby afraid2trade on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 am

https://github.com/kek/sublime-expand-s ... -to-quotes

Plugin for selection inside quotes, completely analogous to behaviour of builtin bracket selection, is here if anyone still need it...
afraid2trade

Select all text between curly braces VIM?

Postby MrShift on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

Hi, I have tried to find a way to select the characters within curly braces in VI mode.
The command I write is "vi{" (exactly: v i AltGr+7 )
But the result I get is that all the characters from my cursor and back to first linebreak.
If I use the sublime command ctrl-alt-m it works great, but I would rather use the VI command, vi then character.

Can you guys try this out and see if you have the same issue. Or am I alone?

EDIT:
Forgot to mention I am using ST2 2.0.1
MrShift

Previous

Return to Technical Support