Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Can't Paste in Windows 7 - Sublime Text 2 2181

Re: Can't Paste in Windows 7 - Sublime Text 2 2181

Postby barryw on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 am

Hello, I've just upgraded to 2195 and ran into the problem immediately (might not be related of course), however I do now get the additional console output:

Code: Select all
Unable to extract text from the clipboard, available formats: CF_UNICODETEXT, sublime-text-extra, CF_LOCALE, CF_TEXT, CF_OEMTEXT

Hope that's helpful

Thanks
barryw

Postby Sqrfrk on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I just thought I'd chime in on the matter. I've been running into the same issue and it turned out that my security software (Webroot SecureAnywhere) was sandboxing the editor away from pasting things off the clipboard as part of its identity protection functionality. I also had a colleague who ran into the problem and it turned out some Iobit software he was using was keeping a tight reign on the clipboard.
Sqrfrk

Postby barryw on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Thank you! I run Webroot too and found it had added SublimeText to its Protected Applications with a setting of 'Deny'. I haven't actually had the problem for a couple of days now, so can't tell if changing it to 'Allow' will fix it. I'll leave it on Deny until it stops working again, and test it then.

This might explain why it was intermittent, maybe only certain copied strings would have triggered the WRSA identity protection?

Thanks for taking the time to share your findings!
barryw

Postby barryw on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Just to confirm, this was the problem. I copied some SQL and then couldn't paste it. I then changed Deny to Allow in WebRoot Secure Anywhere's Protected Applications screen, and could immediately paste in ST2.

So yeah, thanks for pointing this out Sqrfrk, and apologies to jps for any time wasted.
barryw

Postby ravensjeff on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm

I'd just like to thank everyone that helped in this thread to identify the problem. I have been pulling my hair out trying to identify the issue since purchasing ST2 this past weekend. Webroot was indeed the cause. Thanks so much!
ravensjeff

Previous

Return to Technical Support