Sublime Forum

Find and replace

I guess this question is dumb but I really cannot figure out how to do it.

When I press Ctrl+H to invoke the “find and replace panel”, I type in the “find what:” text, press Tab . type in the "replace with: " text …

then what key should I press to execute the “find” “find all” “replace” and “replace all” action ? (except clicking the button using mouse)

0 Likes

Actually, that’s not really a dumb question… hehe. That’s one key-bind that I never did learn. Instead I learned a different method that I prefer a lot more… try this:

Select the text that you want to find all occurrences of. Press, ALT-F3. This selects all occurrences of that text as a multiple selection. Now you can type whatever you want, or even move the cursor around with the arrow keys if you just need to add/remove a few characters without retyping the whole string - when you have a multiple selection, you have multiple cursors, so moving one cursor moves them all. Oh, and escape will deselect your multi-selection.

After having used this method now for many months, I couldn’t live without it. I haven’t used the find and replace panel once. :smile:

0 Likes

If you hover your mouse over the buttons, it should show the keyboard shortcuts in a tooltip. They should be enter + a couple of modifier keys.

0 Likes