Sublime Forum

Nightly Build 2194

Iā€™m sure iā€™ve read this before, and Iā€™m not sure if you provided a solution (perhaps a complete reinstall?) but I wanted to let you know that the update mechanism on OS X isnā€™t restarting the app once the update is installed

0 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that, but Iā€™ve yet to investigate whatā€™s going on.

0 Likes

OS X configuration changes in a symlinked packages dir are now instantaneous. So glad to finally have this working :).

0 Likes

Starting with Sublime Text 2 2190, any new files created inside Sublime Text 2 donā€™t appear in the ā€˜Foldersā€™ group in the sidebar unless I restart Sublime Text 2. The cause is that the operating system is running out of per-user watches (default is 8192). Increasing the ā€˜max_user_watchesā€™ in /proc/sys/fs/inotify/ fixes this. Anything calling ā€˜inotify_add_watch(2)ā€™ will see this error as ENOSPC (no space left on device).

As far as I can tell, ST2 is the process exhausing the available per-user watches. The project does have more than 8000 files in it, so it isnā€™t a surprise.

In build 2194, if I stop using the Soda theme and restart ST2, the sidebar is completely blank, tabs are unstyled (or rendered as random junk), and none of the pop-up panels render at all.

Best regards,
Stu

0 Likes

inotify_add_watch is only called on directories, and not on files. Assuming your project doesnā€™t have more than 8192 directories, and if youā€™re familiar with strace, Iā€™d be grateful if you could run the process under strace and verify what calls are being made to strace.

0 Likes

It appears that the Windows 7 compatibility is no longer working with this build.

On the last dev build (2190) I was able to see recently opened files and be able to pin them on the task bar. It was very handy for opening projects quickly.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œGrantā€]It appears that the Windows 7 compatibility is no longer working with this build.

On the last dev build (2190) I was able to see recently opened files and be able to pin them on the task bar. It was very handy for opening projects quickly.[/quote]

Work fine for me on Window 7:
startup, version: 2194 windows x64 channel: nightly

0 Likes

Jon, I just spent the past 20 minutes trying to figure out why the regions I added to the view using view.add_regions where not staying in the same order I added them. Then I realized that Sublime Text is sorting them. Is this necessary? I would like to keep them in the same order I add them in.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Itā€™s required so that the region manipulation functions, including rendering, can operate efficiently. Unfortunately, thereā€™s currently no support for what youā€™re after.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œC0D312ā€]Jon, I just spent the past 20 minutes trying to figure out why the regions I added to the view using view.add_regions where not staying in the same order I added them. Then I realized that Sublime Text is sorting them. Is this necessary? I would like to keep them in the same order I add them in.

Thanks.[/quote]

The only real way to accomplish what you want is to give regions individual ordered names and keep track of your count. Then you can track them. Issues arise thought when you start doing ā€œundo/redoā€ operations. If you toggle to readonly mode you are safe, but then you cannot edit things. Depending on the plugin, this might be sufficient if you right before editing the plugin toggles you back into edit mode and then back into readonly mode. After you are done dealing with regions, you can go back to edit mode. But if you want to be able to allow editing and track individual regions, this becomes difficult because ā€œundo/redoā€ can bring back deleted and forgotten regions.

0 Likes

@jps, Alright, thanks anyway. I guess Iā€™ll just have to keep track of it the regions manuallyā€¦ Thatā€™s too bad.

@Facelessuser, thatā€™s a lot more complicated than what I need. Iā€™ll just keep a dictionary (key = view.id and values are lists with the correct view list order eg. [1, 3, 4, 2, 0]). That way I can still use the view to manage the regions.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œC0D312ā€]@jps, Alright, thanks anyway. I guess Iā€™ll just have to keep track of it the regions manuallyā€¦ Thatā€™s too bad.

@Facelessuser, thatā€™s a lot more complicated than what I need. Iā€™ll just keep a dictionary (key = view.id and values are lists with the correct view list order eg. [1, 3, 4, 2, 0]). That way I can still use the view to manage the regions.[/quote]

You can always sort them yourself. You just need to convert the regions into a tuple or something.

[code]>>> test_list = (59, 100), (0, 37), (38, 58), (100, 200)]

test_list
(59, 100), (0, 37), (38, 58), (100, 200)]

test_list.sort()
test_list
(0, 37), (38, 58), (59, 100), (100, 200)][/code]

Edit
I just realized this would give exactly what it is already giving you. Well anyways. Good luck.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œbizooā€]

[quote=ā€œGrantā€]It appears that the Windows 7 compatibility is no longer working with this build.

On the last dev build (2190) I was able to see recently opened files and be able to pin them on the task bar. It was very handy for opening projects quickly.[/quote]

Work fine for me on Window 7:
startup, version: 2194 windows x64 channel: nightly[/quote]

My mistake. This was with the dev build 2195. Strangeā€¦ there doesnā€™t appear to be a thread for that build. :unamused:

0 Likes

haha. yeah, I noticed that :wink:

No worries. Managing it manually was actually a lot simpler than I thought, plus it helped me spot and fix a few other bugs along the way.

@Grant. A top-secret unannounced new build? I want :smile:

0 Likes

Seems like build 2195 was released on the dev stream and not on the nightlies. If youā€™ve got the dev release, you can download it on the dev page.
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s just a collation of the last couple of nightlies into one releaseā€¦

0 Likes

Oh, my bad. I donā€™t keep track of dev builds anymore I guessā€¦

0 Likes

Symlinked ā€œPackagesā€ directory on OS X now has instantaneous updates!!! Awesome. My dropbox is happy.

0 Likes

I havenā€™t had automatic reloading of packages in a long timeā€¦ I have my dropbox symlinked to my packages directory (instead of the other way around) but Sublime Text 2 ignores changes even if it wrote those changes.
Very annoying. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Well, I deleted some stuff and it works again now.
Might have been one of:
ctags
tasks
sftp

I donā€™t remember what else I uninstalled (not much) but it works now.

0 Likes

I was hoping the symlink refresh issue would be fixed for me, but I still canā€™t get it to work, but I realized the real issue.

Sublime doesnā€™t seem to monitor folders when theyā€™re in a project. It works fine if I drag a folder onto Sublime and remove/add files either within Sublime or elsewhere.

Is anyone else having that issue, or is it just me?

0 Likes