Sublime Forum

ExportHtml Plugin (rename from PrintHtml)

Ok, that’s too cool.

0 Likes

It’s rather beside the point (sorry!), but I was wondering about the provenance of the Print-Color theme. It looks like a black-on-white Monokai. Did you make it for this plugin or did you derive it from somewhere else?

0 Likes

I took the base Monokai Bright and darkened all of the colors or changed them to look decent on a white background. Changed the background to white, styled the gutter, choose a suitable color for selections etc., adjusted line coloring, blah, blah, blah. You get the idea. Colors were tweaked and adjusted where they made sense. Colors like yellow needed far more aggressive tweaking to work on white.

The Grayscale was also derived from Monokai Bright. Gutted out all colors and left only what changed the font style. Changed all text to black except comments which were light gray color…you get the idea.

I just needed something that looked okay printed, and I needed a template, so I grabbed Monokai Bright and forced it to meet my needs. So in short, I heavily modded it for this plugin.

Probably should mention that in the readme.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info.

I am (slowly) putting together a light (i.e., black-on-white) theme that looks good when working on my usual stuff (HTML, CSS, Text/Markdown), so I’ve been peeking into all the light tmThemes I come across. I’m currently using Espresso Soda as a base with some bits of Monokai and my own eccentricities thrown in, but I think you may be onto something with this one :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]Thanks for the info.

I am (slowly) putting together a light (i.e., black-on-white) theme that looks good when working on my usual stuff (HTML, CSS, Text/Markdown), so I’ve been peeking into all the light tmThemes I come across. I’m currently using Espresso Soda as a base with some bits of Monokai and my own eccentricities thrown in, but I think you may be onto something with this one :smile:[/quote]

Thanks. I was pretty pleased with it, but I know tastes can vary greatly when it comes to people’s code themes. I am glad it to hear you like it. I will keep an eye out for what you are cooking up.

0 Likes

I suppose it would be possible :laughing: to have settings for the colours of things like ‘keyword’, ‘comment’, ‘string’, etc., and push them into the colour dictionary. That is, overwriting the values extracted from the user’s theme. But I feel a little guilty mentioning this :smile:

0 Likes

It would be, but I figure if someone wants different colors than XXXXXX.tmTheme, they can just copy the tmTheme file and modify it how they want and use that. Keeping a separate file format to style the text when we already have tmTheme files just doesn’t seem like something that would be useful.

0 Likes

@facelessuser: Quite right :wink:

0 Likes

This is awesome. Great work!

0 Likes

Annotations and Forum Post Format is in…

Let the syntax highlighted posts commence :smile:.

I will update documentation today or tomorrow, and then I will update the revision.

If the context menu items are too much (there are 3 items), I can shove them under one common fly out menu.

0 Likes

I will probably rename the forum command to Print BBCode which is more accurate.

0 Likes

Awesome, now we can all feel as cool as @castles_made_of_sand when we post code on the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

:smile:

0 Likes

Great job with the updates - loving the context menu stuff. :smile:

0 Likes

Glad you like it. I have to say, the context menu makes it easier to use.

0 Likes

Hi,
great Plugin! Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with PHP files (for me) - JSON or Plain Text is working. I have installed the plugin and didn’t change any settings. When I want to print a PHP file (from the menu), the console says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 356, in run_
  File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 44, in run
  File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 170, in convert_to_html
  File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 124, in get_lexer
  File ".\pygments\lexers\__init__.py", line 74, in get_lexer_by_name
  File ".\pygments\lexer.py", line 470, in __call__
  File ".\pygments\lexers\web.py", line 870, in __init__
ImportError: No module named _phpbuiltins

Is it a bug or do I have do configure something for PHP files?

Setup: ST2 2194 Nightly, WIN7.

Best regards, Thorsten.

0 Likes

Your error message refers to an alternative plugin **PrintToHtml **rather than PrintHtml. You may want to disable or un-install it so you can test this one without conflict.

0 Likes

[quote=“planet”]Hi,
great Plugin! Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with PHP files (for me) - JSON or Plain Text is working. I have installed the plugin and didn’t change any settings. When I want to print a PHP file (from the menu), the console says:

Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 356, in run_ File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 44, in run File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 170, in convert_to_html File ".\PrintToHTML.py", line 124, in get_lexer File ".\pygments\lexers\__init__.py", line 74, in get_lexer_by_name File ".\pygments\lexer.py", line 470, in __call__ File ".\pygments\lexers\web.py", line 870, in __init__ ImportError: No module named _phpbuiltins [/quote]

The bug is not with my plugin “PrintHtml” but with another called “PrintToHtml”; I don’t use pygments to convert files.

This brings up an interesting point though. I think I need a more unique name. These two Plugin names seem too similar. I should really address this before moving this to Package Control.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

What about OutputHtml (or HtmlOutput)? or CreateHtml. Or

**AndyAndFaceLessUsersFantasticToolForGeneratingHtmlOutput ** :smile:

0 Likes

HtmlExport ?

0 Likes