Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

ExportHtml Plugin (rename from PrintHtml)

Re: PrintHtml Plugin

Postby facelessuser on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:01 pm

agibsonsw wrote:What about OutputHtml (or HtmlOutput)? or CreateHtml. Or

AndyAndFaceLessUsersFantasticToolForGeneratingHtmlOutput :)

:)

HTMLExport was already taken, so I decided on ExportHtml. Same difference. I will be adding this to package control some time soon. Also, I will update annotation documentation when I get around to it ;).

Sorry if settings files changed on you or settings parameter values changed, but it was for the better.
facelessuser

Re: ExportHtml Plugin (rename from PrintHtml)

Postby sublimator on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 am

>>> HTMLExport was already taken

The gall!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby facelessuser on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 pm

castles_made_of_sand wrote:The gall!

:)

All the latest fixes etc., are on the main branch now.

The Package Control request has also been made...now we wait.
facelessuser

Postby rgidney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 pm

I really like this plugin and find it extremely useful for printing and sending syntax highlighted code to others. I use it on OS X, and Windows and have odd behavior on Windows XP (haven't tested on Win 7 x64 yet). When I define a keymap with only numbers set to true it works fine in OS X but the same fails in Windows unless I define color_scheme. I am running sublime version 2195 in all environments.

Thanks,
Bruce
rgidney

Postby facelessuser on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 pm

Do you get some kind of error in the console?

I imagine it can't resolve the path to your default color scheme file. If you don't define a color scheme, it tries to use the current color scheme of your view. It looks in your settings file. It assumes that all color schemes are relative to your packages directory, so if your default color scheme path in Preferences.sublime-settings is not relative to the Packages directory, it will fail. What is the path defined in your Preferences.sublime-settings file? I might be able to tweak the logic to better handle paths.
facelessuser

Postby rgidney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:57 pm

I didn't get any errors in the console even turning on logging but in user settings I have this "color_scheme": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\robert.gidney\\Application Data\\Sublime Text 2\\Packages\\Color Scheme - Default\\Colorized-200878385388021-Kuroir Theme.tmTheme",
rgidney

Postby facelessuser on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 pm

change this:

Code: Select all
"color_scheme": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\robert.gidney\\Application Data\\Sublime Text 2\\Packages\\Color Scheme - Default\\Colorized-200878385388021-Kuroir Theme.tmTheme"

to this:

Code: Select all
"color_scheme": "Packages\\Color Scheme - Default\\Colorized-200878385388021-Kuroir Theme.tmTheme"

You don't need absolute path for Sublime. It's default directory is "Sublime Text 2".

I will also look into handling absolute paths, but this is not needed for your where yours is located.
facelessuser

Postby rgidney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:22 pm

OK, I'll change the path. The interesting thing is in OS X it is relative but not in Windows. This setting was put in automatically when choosing the color scheme from sublime preferences so it will be an issue on Windows when people set their themes that way. I'll check what it does on Windows 7 x64 in a little bit.

Thanks!
rgidney

Postby facelessuser on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:24 pm

rgidney wrote:OK, I'll change the path. The interesting thing is in OS X it is relative but not in Windows. This setting was put in automatically when choosing the color scheme from sublime preferences so it will be an issue on Windows when people set their themes that way. I'll check what it does on Windows 7 x64 in a little bit.

Thanks!

Hmm...well I will try to add absolute path detection to avoid this issue in the future.
facelessuser

Postby rgidney on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 pm

OK, I checked Win 7 64 and did not have the absolute path there so went back to XP machine and changed to another theme and had relative path then. Edited the naming for the theme in the directory and the problem went away so it looks like absolute path handling is not needed after all. I think this occurred because I must have added the color scheme directly off of the github download without editing the name and that triggered an absolute path mapping in sublime somehow.
rgidney

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements