Sublime Forum

Ctrl+Shift+D no longer works and problems with auto-complete

Hello,

For a while now, the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+D (which used to duplicate the selected text) has no longer worked. I haven’t made any configuration/setting changes lately and the buttons themselves work as they should (so it’s not a keyboard error).
I might’ve accidentally changed a setting through a keyboard shortcut, though, but I’m not sure which and when. Any idea what the problem could be? There’s also the possibility that the Ctrl+Shift+D functionality was from a plugin, but I’m not sure about that.

Another problem I’m experiencing is that HTML auto-complete has started acting weird. For example, if I type “<bod” and press enter (after it suggests “body”), the result is “<” (double < at the start). It used to worked fine before. I’m not sure if this is related to the first problem, but I’m hoping someone here has a clue!

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Using version 2181 of Sublime Text 2.
EDIT2: User keybindings have not been changed and the default file still has “{ “keys”: “ctrl+shift+d”], “command”: “duplicate_line” },” in it.
EDIT3: Addition to EDIT2: tried changing the keybinding; didn’t help. Tried changing the command, and the new command worked. Apparently the command “duplicate_line” doesn’t work for me for whatever reason.
EDIT4: I have also tried reinstalling.

0 Likes

I would first search in the default key bindings file for ‘ctrl+shift+d’, then in my user key-bindings - which would override the default setting.

I would use my search tool, Agent Ransack, to search all ‘sublime-keymap’ and settings files for ‘ctrl+shift+d’.

It’s most likely to be a plug-in that causes your issue. I would disable them all to see if the problem goes away, then enable them one by one to discover which one is the problem.

The problem with the double ‘<<’ is mentioned in a recent post and may not be related to the ‘ctrl-shift-d’ issue.

Andy.

0 Likes

[quote=“agibsonsw”]I would first search in the default key bindings file for ‘ctrl+shift+d’, then in my user key-bindings - which would override the default setting.

I would use my search tool, Agent Ransack, to search all ‘sublime-keymap’ and settings files for ‘ctrl+shift+d’.

It’s most likely to be a plug-in that causes your issue. I would disable them all to see if the problem goes away, then enable them one by one to discover which one is the problem.

The problem with the double ‘<<’ is mentioned in a recent post and may not be related to the ‘ctrl-shift-d’ issue.

Andy.[/quote]

Thank you for the reply! I looked through the keybindings and the command is there and is not being overridden elsewhere. I also tried changing the keybinding, but that didn’t change anything. Changing the command worked, however, and the keybinding was fine with e.g. “unindent”. The command “duplicate_line”, however, didn’t work with Ctrl+Shift+D nor any other keybinding I tried to set for it.

I don’t think I have any plugins installed. I do, however, have the theme set to “Soda Dark.sublime-theme”. Changing that back to default, however, didn’t help.

Great to know the “<” thing is a known bug/issue/phenomenon. Guess those two aren’t related, then.

EDIT: Also, for whatever reason, I can’t revert to fresh settings. If I remove the data folder and reinstall ST2, it just says it can’t find some modules, even though the installation is new and should’ve (as far as I know) included those.

0 Likes

Alright, solved my problem by installing Python 2.6 and changing the PYTHONHOME environment variable from “C:\Python27” to “C:\Python26” and PYTHONPATH from “C:\Python27\lib” to “C:\Python26\lib”.
Thank you for the help anyway!

EDIT: That also seems to have fixed every issue I mentioned above. Tag auto-completion works, lines can be duplicated, etc.

0 Likes