Sublime Forum

Simple Confusion

I found Sublime through LifeHacker, and am completely amazed. I have been programming for years, and had not found something appears to work this well. My problem is that is isn’t working as I feel it should. I assume that I have a few settings wrong, but I have no idea. I tested Sublime by opening an old Python project and compiling it. It worked flawlessly for a windowed application. When I tested Sublime with a short console script, it didn’t seem to work.

var = raw_input("Enter something: ") print "you entered ", var
The above code works perfectly in IDLE, but fails in Sublime. I probably am not working in the right console, but I have no idea. I was able to get the output window to display text, but as soon as input is included it fails, and nothing is displayed. I have tried accessing the console with crtl + backquote, but that doesn’t work either. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

0 Likes

Opening a new console window should work, but I am having trouble implementing the new code. I put the code from Pastie in the appropriate folder, and modified the keymap. My keymapping works correctly. I was able to open a new console window within Sublime, but I do not know how to use that with my code. I can open a console window, but it isn’t tied to the build at all. Is there a command I need to add to my source?

0 Likes

Try making a new sublime-build file, with the contents being:

build start C:\Python25\python.exe "$File"
0 Likes

That’s exactly what I needed. Thank you both for your help.

0 Likes