Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimePTY [pre-alpha]

Re: SublimePTY [pre-alpha]

Postby francois on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks wuub for your detailed explanations. :)
As we can see the future of SublimePTY is in great hands.

Congratulations for your awesome work.
Cheers
François
francois

Postby wuub on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 am

Anyone other than castle_* interested in the win32 version?
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby sublimator on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:54 am

lol, am i the only loser left on windows?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt
sublimator

Postby wuub on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:58 am

castles_made_of_sand wrote:lol, am i the only loser left on windows?

No, I am as well. After 3 months of crunch mode and changing jobs, I'll be getting out of my cave soon. ;)
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby xeno.by on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 pm

wuub wrote:Anyone other than castle_* interested in the win32 version?

I am.
xeno.by

Postby schmiidt on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 am

wuub wrote:Anyone other than castle_* interested in the win32 version?

Put me on the list of interested parties. FWIW I just sent you a small token of my appreciation for your work.
schmiidt

Postby wuub on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

schmiidt wrote:Put me on the list of interested parties.

Just to let you all know, I've overcome most of the obstacles and prototype version is "working" correctly (I can run and control FarManager). I still need to wire it correctly to SublimePTY side with a communication channel other than STDIO (reason explained few posts above), but that's really not an issue now.

http://i.imgur.com/Y1y7f.png

I'll try to release something ASAP, early May being the worst case scenario.

FWIW I just sent you a small token of my appreciation for your work.

THANK YOU! :mrgreen:
Most of the time my only interactions with people on the other side of my code is through github issues. Don't get me wrong, it's great that those problems are reported, it means someone is actually using my stuff. But when I'm fixing another platform/tool specific bug, the line between my hobby and day-job can get very, very blurry.
And then someone like you decides to buy me a (case of ;)) beer, and the fact that you didn't have to makes it the best feeling a programmer can experience! :)

So thank you again (and others who have already donated: Nicholas, Charlie).
wuub

Postby xeno.by on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Oh, Far Manager works!! Very sweet.
xeno.by

Postby xeno.by on Sat May 05, 2012 7:29 am

wuub wrote:
schmiidt wrote:Put me on the list of interested parties.

Just to let you all know, I've overcome most of the obstacles and prototype version is "working" correctly (I can run and control FarManager). I still need to wire it correctly to SublimePTY side with a communication channel other than STDIO (reason explained few posts above), but that's really not an issue now.

http://i.imgur.com/Y1y7f.png

I'll try to release something ASAP, early May being the worst case scenario.

FWIW I just sent you a small token of my appreciation for your work.

THANK YOU! :mrgreen:
Most of the time my only interactions with people on the other side of my code is through github issues. Don't get me wrong, it's great that those problems are reported, it means someone is actually using my stuff. But when I'm fixing another platform/tool specific bug, the line between my hobby and day-job can get very, very blurry.
And then someone like you decides to buy me a (case of ;)) beer, and the fact that you didn't have to makes it the best feeling a programmer can experience! :)

So thank you again (and others who have already donated: Nicholas, Charlie).

Tried to clone from https://github.com/wuub/SublimePTY, and it didn't work at all. Showed me a bunch of stars, and that's it. Is there a way to collect diagnostic information if that would be useful to you?
xeno.by

Postby wuub on Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 pm

xeno.by wrote:Tried to clone from https://github.com/wuub/SublimePTY, and it didn't work at all. Showed me a bunch of stars, and that's it. Is there a way to collect diagnostic information if that would be useful to you?

Windows version is still not fully ready. My vacations were a bit longer than I expected, but I managed to write a bit on the train ;)

However if you clone the repo now, AND have Twisted+pywin32 installed you should be able to:
1) Start: SublimePTY/console/console_server.py (as a standard python app)
2) From Sublime run Command Palette -> SublimePTY

Expect some console windows flashing and broken handling of anything that is not a char, i.e. as of now it's not functional, but you should be able to see where things are going.
For anyone wondering: I will probably remove Twisted dependency soon and/or maybe pack everything with py2exe.
wuub

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements