Sublime Forum

Editor modes

I really like the fullscreen feature, as well as the distraction-free fullscreen. Which made me realize something really quickly. Only a certain subset of features is maintained as configurable for fullscreen. Perhaps a more robust solution, instead of having hardcoded normal/fullscreen/DF-fullscreen modes, would be for subby to have different user configurable modes. Each mode is somewhat like a profile and it can override any of the settings. This would also solve some problems like alt+m not working in fullscreen.

-elrom

0 Likes

This is do-able, but it would have some side effects, as some settings should always be the same for fullscreen vs. non-fullscreen mode, like build-on-save and the auto save interval.

I’ll add an isFullScreen key binding context for the next beta, along with a key binding for alt+m that works as expected both in and out of fullscreen mode.

0 Likes

Then maybe those non specific settings would just remain the same. Think of it somewhat like the user settings, they only override what they’re defining. The result is something somewhat similar to eclipse’s perspectives.

But probably a low priority feature if at all…

0 Likes