Sublime Forum

A few things i need to crack!

hi,

I almost ready to buy ST but there are still a few things i really miss in it but may be they already exist ā€¦

• Function list: Notepad and some other have a function list for common languages. Is there such a thing in ST?

• Actually something i would love to see in ST. When you do ALT+F3 it highlights all occurrences of the word selected. The tricky think is to find those occurrences in a big file. I know i can use next or previous, but seeing them on the minimap or like google chrome or eclipse in the scrollbar would be amazing.

• is there language rules for cmake somewhere?

Thanks a lot, i am really falling in love

0 Likes

look for the ctags package from sublimator bitbucket.org/sublimator

Change your selection color in the theme to something that stands out in the minimap :smile:

I donā€™t know about the cmake stuff

0 Likes

I will look into CTags but actually you dont need CTAgs to get a function list in any language :s and it would mean update CTAGS to update function list.

Good idea :stuck_out_tongue: Will try!

Thanks

0 Likes

The .tmLanguage file at svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/C ā€¦ /Syntaxes/ should do the trick - just make a directory under Packages called CMake, and place it in there.

0 Likes

Something I found useful that was in one of the newer versions of n++ was when you highlighted a word it would automatically highlight (not select) all other occurrences of the word in the file.

I know currently you can just alt + f3 as said or do a quick find all but the quick highlight was pretty nice. Just a quick ctrl + d or double click on the word and you can find what part of the file youā€™re looking for. Sometimes itā€™s not necessary to select everything when youā€™re just looking for another part of the file by a word.

Just a small suggestion :s

0 Likes

Hereā€™s a screenshot of my themeā€¦ and example of what you most likely want :smile:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2553/sublimess.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks for the cmake syntax. I would like to add file pattern for that syntax. Where can i do that?

For the function list you just perfectly understood my need :wink:
Really hope to see that in a near future in ST.

Thanks

0 Likes

Open a file with the extension youā€™d like to use, click on the syntax selector on the status bar, then ā€˜Open all with current extension as/CMake Listā€™

0 Likes

That wouldnt be enough.
The files i need to add are files name CMakeLists.txt
I just want to apply it to those files and not all txt files, is that possible?

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œfarfromrefugeā€]That wouldnt be enough.
The files i need to add are files name CMakeLists.txt
I just want to apply it to those files and not all txt files, is that possible?[/quote]

see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=627&p=2382&hilit=makefile&sid=30f3c09bdfac98ea462e9cc959176d08#p2382

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œEJ12Nā€]Hereā€™s a screenshot of my themeā€¦ and example of what you most likely want :smile:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2553/sublimess.jpg[/quote]

What key do i have to change in the theme ?

Thanks

0 Likes

That would have to be selection colorā€¦

<key>selection</key> <string>#6D00A2</string>

0 Likes

Function list is in 20091023, bound to Ctrl+R, although your results depend on the syntax definition youā€™re using.

On a note related to the next occurrences of words, donā€™t forget about Ctrl+D (add next occurrence of word to selection), it can be quite handy.

0 Likes