Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Connect to win32api

Connect to win32api

Postby agibsonsw on Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello. I understand ST uses it's own local copy of Python and it says "no module named win32api". If I download win32api (and win32print) were should I store them so that ST will find them?

I believe I may already have win32api somewhere on my computer. So, alternatively, how can I "point ST at it" ?
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Re: Connect to win32api

Postby agibsonsw on Fri May 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I don't like to bump but when I did a google-search the first link listed was to my original post :lol:

Code: Select all
import win32api, win32print
# or ..
import pywin32

How can I get this to work, as I currently receive the error "no module named win32api". Please :D

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby darkniobe on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm

I'd also like an answer to this question, if anyone could be so helpful.

I'm toying with the idea of just byte compiling the win32api package and pasting it into the Python26.zip file located at C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2.. I'm just not keen on the idea of having to install the entire VC++ 2008 toolchain.. (to compile the win32api package to work with the embedded python in the first place)

Alex
darkniobe

Postby Kor on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 am

I have just the same issue here, and it's really weird, because I thought win32api would be there de facto, but it clearly seems not.
Hey! I made Andrew, the Android plugin development!
Kor

Return to Technical Support