Sublime Forum

A few things i need to crack!

hi,

I almost ready to buy ST but there are still a few things i really miss in it but may be they already exist …

• Function list: Notepad and some other have a function list for common languages. Is there such a thing in ST?

• Actually something i would love to see in ST. When you do ALT+F3 it highlights all occurrences of the word selected. The tricky think is to find those occurrences in a big file. I know i can use next or previous, but seeing them on the minimap or like google chrome or eclipse in the scrollbar would be amazing.

• is there language rules for cmake somewhere?

Thanks a lot, i am really falling in love

0 Likes

look for the ctags package from sublimator bitbucket.org/sublimator

Change your selection color in the theme to something that stands out in the minimap :smile:

I don’t know about the cmake stuff

0 Likes

I will look into CTags but actually you dont need CTAgs to get a function list in any language :s and it would mean update CTAGS to update function list.

Good idea :stuck_out_tongue: Will try!

Thanks

0 Likes

The .tmLanguage file at svn.textmate.org/trunk/Bundles/C … /Syntaxes/ should do the trick - just make a directory under Packages called CMake, and place it in there.

0 Likes

Something I found useful that was in one of the newer versions of n++ was when you highlighted a word it would automatically highlight (not select) all other occurrences of the word in the file.

I know currently you can just alt + f3 as said or do a quick find all but the quick highlight was pretty nice. Just a quick ctrl + d or double click on the word and you can find what part of the file you’re looking for. Sometimes it’s not necessary to select everything when you’re just looking for another part of the file by a word.

Just a small suggestion :s

0 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of my theme… and example of what you most likely want :smile:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2553/sublimess.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks for the cmake syntax. I would like to add file pattern for that syntax. Where can i do that?

For the function list you just perfectly understood my need :wink:
Really hope to see that in a near future in ST.

Thanks

0 Likes

Open a file with the extension you’d like to use, click on the syntax selector on the status bar, then ‘Open all with current extension as/CMake List’

0 Likes

That wouldnt be enough.
The files i need to add are files name CMakeLists.txt
I just want to apply it to those files and not all txt files, is that possible?

0 Likes

[quote=“farfromrefuge”]That wouldnt be enough.
The files i need to add are files name CMakeLists.txt
I just want to apply it to those files and not all txt files, is that possible?[/quote]

see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=627&p=2382&hilit=makefile&sid=30f3c09bdfac98ea462e9cc959176d08#p2382

0 Likes

[quote=“EJ12N”]Here’s a screenshot of my theme… and example of what you most likely want :smile:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2553/sublimess.jpg[/quote]

What key do i have to change in the theme ?

Thanks

0 Likes

That would have to be selection color…

<key>selection</key> <string>#6D00A2</string>

0 Likes

Function list is in 20091023, bound to Ctrl+R, although your results depend on the syntax definition you’re using.

On a note related to the next occurrences of words, don’t forget about Ctrl+D (add next occurrence of word to selection), it can be quite handy.

0 Likes