Sublime Forum

Hitting Return after tab completion behavior

Hi guys!
New user of ST2 and really liking so far. Minor annoyance with the results of hitting “return” after a tab completion. For example, when I type “p” and hit the tab, I get:

<p>*</p> (asterisk is my cursor) Hitting return, I’m left with this:

<p> *</p>

What I would really like it to do it this:

<p>
</p>

Notice that the p tags get their own lines and the cursor is sandwiched between with a single tab. How can I go about doing this? Thanks!

0 Likes

Odd. I’m not having that issue.

‘p’ > tab > enter > ‘hello’ results in

<p>
    hello
</p>
0 Likes

Thanks! That’s the behavior I was expecting on this somewhat fresh install. Any idea where I should be looking to “fix” this?

0 Likes

@ninjaroll As far as I can tell you are seeing the expected behavior on a fresh install. The behavior that @t35h describes is provided by the ZenCoding plugin, which does other useful stuff as well. (Disclaimer: I didn’t do revert; I just turned ZenCoding off and on again.)

Edit: you may want to have a look at github.com/mrmartineau/SublimeTextSetup which provides a good list of “essential” plugins.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]@ninjaroll As far as I can tell you are seeing the expected behavior on a fresh install. The behavior that @t35h describes is provided by the ZenCoding plugin, which does other useful stuff as well. (Disclaimer: I didn’t do revert; I just turned ZenCoding off and on again.)

Edit: you may want to have a look at github.com/mrmartineau/SublimeTextSetup which provides a good list of “essential” plugins.[/quote]

VERY useful. Thank you!

0 Likes