Sublime Forum

Windows XP Behavior

I use Windows 7, 64 bit on my computer at home. Sublime Text 2 works great on that computer!

BUG 1: Error on every load.

However, when I use Windows XP on my test computer. I get a ton of bugs. First, starting with portable. I get this;

/Error loading syntax file “Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage”: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file “Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage”/

Nothing I can do fixes this. If I do a normal install the error message doesnt appear. I cannot find this “Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage” file anywhere, in the normal install, or in the portable version with windows 32 bit. It seems this is invoked right after it loads all the context windows.

BUG 2: Ghosting in file descriptors.

Whenever the top text updates when closing a file, or creating a file. I see ALOT of ghosting (only with portable version). The fix involves dragging Sublime Text 2 window around till the font realizes it needs to be re-drawn. My description does not do justice to how weird this looks;

BUG 3: Open folder broken.

“Open Folder” simply doesnt work on windows XP. You’ll notice I have “yCase” listed in the screenshot. There’s dozens of files in there, but instead on the left side I get a blank black box. This only happens with the portable version, the “full install” version does not have this issue. (Shown in screenshot in Bug 4.)

BUG 4: Theme not working.

The default theme doesnt seem to load properly on the portable version. The “full install” version works great. For this one you’ll also notice the tabs are missing, and the little X tabs are not there. Additional screenshot of two files open at the same time in Sublime Text 2;

Are these something that will be addressed? Let me know! :open_mouth:

0 Likes

Any chance this will be addressed? :ugeek:

0 Likes