Sublime Forum

Codeintel

I am not able to get codeintel to find module definitions for web2py (no snarky comments about imports and exec, please). It really is quite nice.

It worked briefly and then stopped. For a bit I got completions. Now I get neither code lookup nor completion.

I have created c:\Users\lewisl.codeintel\config as:

{
“Python”: {
“python”: ‘c:/Python27’,
“pythonExtraPaths”: ‘C:/Users/Lewisl/Dropbox/web2py/gluon’]

}

In Python, sys.path is:

‘’, ‘C:\Python27\Lib\idlelib’, ‘C:\Users\lewisl\Dropbox\Py code’, ‘C:\Users\lewisl\Dropbox\web2py’, ‘C:\Users\lewisl\Dropbox\web2py\gluon’, ‘C:\Python27’, ‘C:\Windows\system32\python27.zip’, ‘C:\Python27\DLLs’, ‘C:\Python27\lib’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\plat-win’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\site-packages’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32\lib’, ‘C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin’]

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Likes

One error of mine is I forgot to close the inner dictionary with }. Oops.

Fixed that.

Still no go.

Removed codeintel. restarted ST2. Installed codeintel. restarted ST2.

Still no go for external modules.

It does find symbol def’ns. within the same file (I can use find for that.) It does completions for python keywords, but not installed packages/modules.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes

Would be really nice if someone running on Windows might reply.

I think there is a problem with forcing the database rebuild. There is build.sh and I have mingw but it did not run directly as I didn’t invoke from bash. Would that fix this?

When you until via package manager, the various directories that are created are not deleted, so the old improperly built db hangs around. How do I completely clear out this package?

I have deleted ~/.codeintel which appears to contain the database, but that did not force a rebuild. Usually when there is no db, the status bar displays messages as codeintel discovers libraries and builds its db. This has not happened so I am not clearing out all remnants of codeintel.

So, in any case, it appears the challenge is to force codeintel to rebuild its db and discover everything on PYTHONPATH.

Any help would really be appreciated. This seems to have been a very common problem on Linux that 1.3 solved. But, the problem seems to remain on Windows.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Deleted all vestiges of codeintel, including the uninstalled package in the package repository.

Reinstalled codeintel.

Started with a python file with an import of the libraries I am using, web2py.

During the db build, the library directory was scanned either because it is on PYTHONPATH or because of the explicit import.

When I do ctrl-F3 on a function from that library, codeintel brings up the definition.

When I do the same in a file without an explicit import, the module is not found.

When I use ctrl-F3 on a class I wrote, for which the module is both in the same project AND is explicitly imported, the definition of the class is not found.

So, lets just say codeintel is a bit inconsistent.

It is not clear the config file as follows remedies anything:

{
“Python”: {
“python”: ‘c:/Python27’,
“pythonExtraPaths”: ‘C:/Users/lewisl/Dropbox/web2py/gluon’]
}
}

Maybe just something to consider for future improvement. Also, a way to force explicit db-rebuild on Windows would be nice (maybe running build.sh under mingw would do it?).

Closed unless someone has new suggestions.

0 Likes

Tried the same things with Komodo, which is where codeintel originated. Only difference is that codeintel ships as a linked in command with Komodo.

I get the exact same results and the same messages with my various py files.

There is nothing funny going on with sublime text.

The only suggestion I would make is that codeintel could have a more explict way to build the libraries it needs.

0 Likes

Wow… I appreciate you keeping a running dialogue about your attempts to resolve this. I’m going through the same thing right now. I guess I won’t bother posting about it because apparently no one will respond.

c

0 Likes

You should probably try posting for technical support on the plugin’s repo instead of here.

sublimecodeintel.github.io/SublimeCodeIntel/

0 Likes