Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeREPL

Re: SublimeREPL

Postby wuub on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Then SublimeREPL should be able to launch python w/o issues.
If you are still experiencing this problem , try creating

..\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\User\SublimeREPL.sublime-settings
with the following content

Code: Select all
{
   "default_extend_env": {"PATH": "{PATH};C:\\Python27"}
}
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby wuub on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Just to let everyone know. Thanks to excellent work of people at Mozilla Foundation and Peter Astrand I was finally able to fix a long standing and very annoying bug on windows.

Bug: Closing a REPL tab that was launched using .bat file (Ruby/irb.bat, Clojure/lein.bat, ...) killed only the child cmd.exe while the interpreter process itself was left running.

It's possible that it will also remove the need for soft_quit on other platforms (https://github.com/wuub/SublimeREPL/issues/17) but I need to check this firs.
SublimeREPL via Package Control & SublimePTY dev/pre-alpha. Donations are appreciated, but not required :) Twitter: @wuub
wuub

Postby xeno.by on Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 am

wuub wrote:Just to let everyone know. Thanks to excellent work of people at Mozilla Foundation and Peter Astrand I was finally able to fix a long standing and very annoying bug on windows.

Bug: Closing a REPL tab that was launched using .bat file (Ruby/irb.bat, Clojure/lein.bat, ...) killed only the child cmd.exe while the interpreter process itself was left running.

It's possible that it will also remove the need for soft_quit on other platforms (https://github.com/wuub/SublimeREPL/issues/17) but I need to check this firs.

What's the status on this Windows bug? I've checked github, but can't see a fix.
xeno.by

Postby wuub on Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 pm

What's the status on this Windows bug? I've checked github, but can't see a fix.

Development is going on in master branch. I've set github to show release as a default branch instead so anyone can clone github repo and get a stable code instead of my latest dev version that might not work (it points to the latest version released via Package Control).

I will try to make the recent changes cross-platform tomorrow and push 1.30 via Package Control.
wuub

Postby wuub on Mon May 07, 2012 8:33 pm

1.0.30 is now live on Package Control (as soon as it refreshes itself) and github/release.

Notable changes:
- default F2 key bindings has been commented out as they were conflicting with ST2 bookmarks
- deleting whole content of REPL buffer broke ruby, this should not happen now
- killableprocess is now used instead of subprocess to launch and kill repls. This should fix problems with runaway processes
wuub

Postby xeno.by on Mon May 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Aha, so you use a job. I just traverse a tree of child processes and kill them all.

Also tried to send Ctrl+C to a spawned process, so that it passes the signal to the children to make them quit. But apparently you need to do something perverse on Windows in order to send Ctrl+C to a process, since it doesn't work out of the box, and several recipes from google didn't help either. At that point I ignored my initial good intentions and ruthlessly killed child processes.
xeno.by

Postby wuub on Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm

xeno.by wrote:Aha, so you use a job. I just traverse a tree of child processes and kill them all.

Actually, I tried something simpler, but traversing a process tree on windows requires more work than creating a job. Especially when the second solution is already available under MIT license.

As for Ctrl+C, I'll be adding it to SublimePTY very soon and will probably backport it to REPL.
wuub

Postby willy1234x1 on Sun May 13, 2012 3:35 am

I was having a weird issue recently, I haven't touched any of my settings but lately when I try to run my Python REPL I get this error.

WindowsError(5, 'Access denied')

I'm not quite sure what I'm being denied access to though. This is on Windows 7 64bit.
willy1234x1

Postby wuub on Mon May 14, 2012 9:03 pm

willy1234x1 wrote:WindowsError(5, 'Access denied')

Take a look: https://github.com/wuub/SublimeREPL/issues/41
wuub

Postby willy1234x1 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 am

wuub wrote:
willy1234x1 wrote:WindowsError(5, 'Access denied')

Take a look: https://github.com/wuub/SublimeREPL/issues/41

Hmm, that's odd I am in an admin account. I'll roll back for now then.
willy1234x1

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements