Sublime Forum

Package control issue

I can’t get Package Control to work. I’ve installed it, but when I try to run “Package Control: Install Package”, I get an error:

Sublime Text 2
Package Control: There are no packages available for installation.

I think it might have something to do with my proxy, but I tried to set that up and it failed as well.

Anyway, I’m hoping I can manually install some of the packages found on this site:
wbond.net/sublime_packages/commu … t-installs

But I don’t know where to drop the contents that I download. I tried putting it in the “Installed Packages” folder, but that didn’t seem to work for me. Please help!

0 Likes

It’s been a few months, but I recall having the same or a similar error when I was behind an institutional proxy/firewall/something. I “resolved” this problem by using the portable Sublime Text 2 distribution and then installing plugins from a different location altogether.

[quote=“oats”]
But I don’t know where to drop the contents that I download. I tried putting it in the “Installed Packages” folder, but that didn’t seem to work for me. Please help![/quote]

All plugins go in their own subfolders in the Packages folder. For example, ZenCoding would go under Packages/Zen Coding.

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

Also have this when i try to upgrade packages:

Package Control: Error downloading package. URL error [Errno 185090057] _ssl.c:326: error:0B084009:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:PEM lib downloading https://nodeload.github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx/zipball/master.

I read somewhere where Wbond said that he has some issues with it’s server. But i’m not sure where/when.

0 Likes

A patch for the proxy issue is here: github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … l/pull/116

0 Likes