Sublime Forum

SMART Snippets [ALPHA]

I just pushed my SMART Snippets plugin to Github. I’m looking for testers. Go download it and tell me what you think. I’m looking for bug reports, feature requests, feedback on syntax, and general comments/critiques.

A general rundown of the plugin can be found in the readme on Github.

–
First test: I’m not going to provide a link. If you’re really interested in testing, you’ll know where to go.

0 Likes

Hi!

Nice what’s the url to the github repository?

Best Regards

Franco Tampieri

0 Likes

@COD: thanks, seems pretty cool. However… :smiley:

• Would be nice to reuse default snippets.
  • super+D is a bad key combination. On Windows this is a shortcut for show desktop :wink:
  • when i tried to create a new snippet i got this error in console:
error: Error loading syntax file "Packages/SMART_Snippets/smartsnippet.tmLanguage": Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages/SMART_Snippets/smartsnippet.tmLanguage"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 362, in run_
  File ".\smartsnippets.py", line 480, in run
  File ".\smartsnippets.py", line 398, in parse_snippet
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'splitlines' 

(maybe i did something wrong; i’ll try it again in few hours, when i’ll have some extra time)

@DrDran: probably you don’t want to install this plugin :wink:

0 Likes

@C0D312: holy sh$%, you were worried that my MagicSnippets will compete with this? :smile: You should compare code bases first ;p

0 Likes

@iamntz:
Whoops. Forgot windows is control+D. I’ll change that. It’s meant to override select word.

The error in the console looks like you need to rename the package directory. It has to be named ‘SMART_Snippets’ in order to find the tmLanguage file. If that’s not it, let me know.

0 Likes

Congrats on the release!
Looking forward to playing with it - hopefully by this afternoon.

0 Likes

Ok, so, after i totally forgot about this plugin, i tried again today. Renamed the plugin folder to SMART_Snippets and so on and when i try to insert a snippet i get this in console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 362, in run_
  File ".\smartsnippets.py", line 234, in run
IndexError: pop index out of range

Also, the cursor is positioned at the end of the snippet, not inside of curly braces:
http://content.screencast.com/users/iamntz/folders/Jing/media/ba106e8d-17de-4092-9e28-327a56669d4f/2012-05-20_1400.png

0 Likes

Alright, could you give me a bit more info?

• OS?
  • What snippet were you inserting?
  • Does it work properly when you use SMART Snippets: Create New SMART Snippet?
  • Could you scroll up through the console and see if there are any errors on import?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Tabbing through the regions doesn’t really work well for me. I try to tab and it seems to skip some of the regions. Also, some of the regions don’t seem to do what they were supposed to. This is using the test snippet provided on Windows. I will try it on some other OS as well.

0 Likes

I’m on win7 x64.
'Tf just happened? I tried to reinstall and seems to work now…

Now i have to figure out how to easily migrate from the old snippets. :ugeek:

0 Likes

@facelessuser: Yeah. I havent really tested on windows very much. The few times I have I had some unexpected behavior. I’ll look into it. Any errors in the console?

@iamntz: Alright. Glad there aren’t any errors. I was actually planning on having a setup assistant that lists all the current snippets and you can choose which to convert to SMART Snippets. But I gotta get everything else working first.

0 Likes