Sublime Forum

ST2 visual theme editor and more

Yes, although its been totally re-architected in Facets.

Qt (that’s a big hint there :smile: )

Yup, got it. Already e-mailed you a reply…

0 Likes

…!

I just thought I’d mention we might be slightly interested if we’re not too busy.

YES YES YES YES YES YES

0 Likes

I am very interested in the facets library, please count me in as an alpha user :smile:

0 Likes

can’t wait for the first public release…nid something to tweak the syntax highlighting

0 Likes

Have there been any updates on this? Seems like a great tool.

If not, are there any similar applications?

0 Likes

I would love this!

0 Likes

As a representative of the non-coding users of ST2, I’d like to say that this would be very useful for us as well.

Thanks,
Kensai

0 Likes

Is this a THEME editor or a SCHEME editor?

0 Likes

if you wanna get all technical … it’s a scheme editor yes …

0 Likes

Thanks. Would be cool! Currently I use Textmate’s preference dialog as a scheme editor.

0 Likes

@dmorrill: Is is possible to get a copy of Facets? I am a python developer and it would really interest me. I tried PMing but the messages are still in my outbox.

Regards,

Nikos Tzanos

0 Likes

dmorrill.com/facets/users_guide/

Hope he doesn’t slay me for linking it

0 Likes

Thanks a lot. I hope he doesn’t :smile:

By the way why do my PM stay in the Outbox? Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes

This looks very promising and i would love to give it a try (even though its still in alpha).

Great job!

0 Likes

I call shenanigans. Or vapor-ware.
When might we expect to see this visual theme editing plugin released into the wild?

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]http://dmorrill.com/facets/users_guide/

Hope he doesn’t slay me for linking it[/quote]

I think you should be OK. I found it Via Google (David Morrill facets, second result).

0 Likes

[quote=“dmorrill”]Hello, I’m a total ST2 noob, having just “discovered” it last week. I took it for a test drive and ended up purchasing my license the next day.

I tried downloading a few TextMate themes, but didn’t find any that really suited me. After taking a look at the contents of some of the .tmTheme files (gack!), I thought it might be interesting to try and create a visual TextMate/ST2 theme editor. Since RAD building of GUI tools is basically what I do for a living, I spent a few hours at my local Starbucks and quickly had a first pass at a TextMate theme editor GUI up and running.

The next part was how to integrate it into ST2. I tried a few different approaches over the last few days with varying levels of success. And then last night I had a Eureka moment when suddenly everything just snapped into place. I’ve attached a screen shot in case anyone is interested.

[attachment=1]st2_theme_editor_2_50.jpg[/attachment]
The theme editor on the right is showing a popup color picker that appeared after I clicked on the Comments/Foreground cell. After I select a new color using the picker, the ST2 editor window on the left immediately updates to show the effect of the theme change on the file text. BTW, the color picker remains on screen until I mouse away from it, making it easy to rapidly try different colors or tints.

The thing that actually has me the most excited however is that the technique is very general. I’ve attached another screen shot showing a VIP Shell window I launched from ST2 (a VIP Shell is basically a Python console on steroids).

[attachment=0]st2_vip_shell_50.jpg[/attachment]
As you can see, the shell window is showing some live data about the current state of the ST2 editor. In this case, the only thing I had to add was a new Command:

import sublime_plugin

class VipShellCommand ( sublime_plugin.WindowCommand ):

def run ( self ):

from facets.extra.tools.vip_shell import VIPShell

VIPShell().edit_facets()

and a key binding:

{ "keys": "ctrl+f12"], "command": "vip_shell", "args": {} }

Since I had never heard of ST2 before last week, this is still a very early WIP, but I just thought I’d drop by to see if there might be any community interest in this work. Also, sorry for the large images. I tried scaling them down to fit, but the text ended up being illegible, so I left them at 100%…[/quote]

Great, smart and really good so you can achieve your modified theme.

0 Likes

This is just awesome. I’m looking forward to the day you release this!

0 Likes

check out my new color scheme editor

https://a248.e.akamai.net/camo.github.com/41173d7778f610ef3cc0e73ecb5f684a9f438eaf/687474703a2f2f662e636c2e6c792f6974656d732f314c317530423252327832363148335a343031562f53637265656e25323053686f742e706e67

0 Likes

This thread died in 2012. For no good reason. We now have Color Sublime, only for ST3.

It is absolutely amazing. Scroll through hundreds of themes and schemes with Live! Sublime updates.

One might go overboard with CS. Unless say, one were a GUI developer interested in studying Sublime themes and schemes.

0 Likes