Sublime Forum

Theme - Aqua

This theme is an attempt to improve the visual consistency of Sublime Text 2 in OS X. It comes in a dark (ProKit) and light (AppKit) variation.

ProKit

AppKit

Here is the GitHub repo: https://github.com/cafarm/aqua-theme. It should be available in Package Control shortly.

PS - This theme was renamed at the request of the Ian Hill. Iā€™ve also done quite a bit of work on it since the original release and the new name better reflects itā€™s intention.

0 Likes

Theme the title bar
Theme - Soda Dark Refined

Iā€™m loving this wave of new themes in the last few days!

0 Likes

Looks exactly like: chocolatapp.com/

0 Likes

Thanks, I suppose. While it wasnā€™t my intention, the closer the theme becomes to looking OS X native the better. I consider that a compliment.

Itā€™s the original Soda theme with the major change being the tabs. Chocolatā€™s tabs visually, in my opinion, (along with the icon) are a monstrosity :wink: .

0 Likes

It was supposed to be a compliment :smile:

Nice job on the tabs. If I switch to a lighter colorscheme, Iā€™ll definitely use this theme. But I prefer to code with a dark scheme. So Iā€™ll stick with Refresh for now.

0 Likes

Looks good. The simple block tabs work a lot better for me than Chrome-style things (which are nice, but too big for me). I prefer dark themes, so Iā€™ll obviously stick with what Iā€™ve got, but I think it makes for a good Mac-friendly theme.

0 Likes

I donā€™t necessarily see the need to use a dark theme with a dark color scheme. I personally find dark UIs jarring in OS X. But to each his own :smiley: !

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcafarmā€]I donā€™t necessarily see the need to use a dark theme with a dark color scheme. I personally find dark UIs jarring in OS X. But to each his own :smiley: !

http://i.imgur.com/kmm3f.png[/quote]

What theme is that Cafarm if you donā€™t mind me asking?

0 Likes

Its the standard Solarized (Dark).

0 Likes

I have to wonder why when i see Solarized Dark in a screen shot, I love it, but when I try it the colors are really garish. Maybe it looks good for some languages and not others?

0 Likes

Really great work on the Theme, though a few errors seem to show up in the console when launching ST2:

found 1 files for base name Soda Light Refined.sublime-theme Errors parsing theme: Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value Unknown attribute value theme loaded

Any ideas what the unknown attributes would be?

0 Likes

Hmmm, I donā€™t see these errors in the console on launch. What version of ST2 are you using?

Update: I do see this output in 2181. Its gone in 2195. Its likely some attributes not yet implemented in 2181, but Iā€™m not sure which ones. Either way it should work just fine. Or, you can move to 2195 :smile: .

0 Likes

Ah, great. Thanks for the follow-up! This theme is awesome.

0 Likes

Great work! :smile: Iā€™m liking the look of my editor now. everything just looks so clean :smile:

0 Likes

Great, glad you enjoy it.

If anyone notices any visual anomalies, please report them. I would like to continue to refine this theme until no pixel is out of place on OS X :smiley: .

0 Likes

Wow, this looks good!
To sad, iā€™m using the dark Version of Soda :frowning:
Any Chance that this is coming too?

0 Likes

Great job! Thanks

0 Likes

Iā€™ll work on the dark version soon.

0 Likes

Maybe base it off Tweetbotā€™s interface :wink: ?

0 Likes

Good inspiration. Final Cut Pro is another dark interface I enjoy, so itā€™ll probably steer that way as well.

By the way this theme is now in Package Control.

0 Likes